Kooth is a fast-growing organization with a social purpose. After 20 years of successful services in the UK, we are rapidly expanding in the United States!
OUR MISSION: To provide welcoming and effective digital mental health support to students proactively.
Using the collective insight from nearly 1 million hours of professional intervention, we guide students to three areas of evidenced-based support: self-guided, community/peer interactions, and chat-based counseling provided by licensed Counselors. These areas of assistance are designed to match each individual student’s current needs, wants and goals as well as identify and refer to a higher level of care when needed.
The Head of Data Science for the US will be responsible for developing and executing Kooth’s data strategy. Recruiting and developing a team of talented Data Science/ML professionals in the US and UK. Overseeing the strategic direction of AI-driven solutions across the whole organization.
If you are seeking a fun, professional culture, in a fast-growing company, look no further - Apply today!
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Technical Leadership and Strategy
- Set and execute Data Science strategy for the whole organization
- Develop a deep understanding of the challenges and opportunities in front of Kooth as a business, as it expands in the US and UK, that Data Science can solve and unlock
- Grow the Data Science team in the US and UK
- Manage and mentor a team of data scientists and ML engineers, fostering a culture of collaboration, innovation, and excellence
- Keep up to date with the latest developments and breakthroughs in AI and ML, incorporating relevant advances into the company’s AI strategy
- Effectively evaluate trade-offs and make data-driven decisions to achieve tangible outcomes
Hands on ML development
- While growing the team you will need to be hands-on working with data tools and products. As the team grows, this will take up a smaller percentage of your time and will ultimately become optional.
Cross-functional Collaboration and Communication
- Work closely with product, engineering, service delivery and clinical teams to enhance Kooth’s products and services through data-driven insights
- Build strong relationships, prioritize work to deliver impactful data solutions, and bring leadership to Data Science decisions
- Communicate complex concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders effectively - including clients, investors, our board and wider external audiences.
- This role will likely involve occasional travel to the UK.
Delivery, Operations and Compliance
- Identify and prioritize high-impact data products across different business units, ensuring alignment with company objectives and customer needs
- Oversee the infrastructure and processes required to support data products, ensuring data quality, security, and compliance with relevant regulations
- Define metrics and KPIs to measure the success and impact of data products, regularly evaluating performance and making data-driven improvements
- Ensure data meets the strict data residency requirements (e.g. California service user data cannot leave the US)
- Use your strong understanding of the ethical and regulatory issues involved to ensure that our products are safe for our users.
- Experienced leader with a track record of setting and executing Data Science strategy that results in business impact
- Master’s degree qualification or equivalent demonstrable work experience in machine learning, natural language processing, statistics, or another numerate discipline
- Line management of data scientists and team lead experience
- Demonstrable experience of owning and driving Data projects, overcoming obstacles, and delivering results
- Knowledge of & experience using Data Science and ML algorithms
- Software Engineering/Computer Programming (Python, SQL)
Compensation: $ 240,000-260,000 based on experience.
Here are some of the exciting benefits you will receive as a team member at Kooth:
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- Prescription drug coverage
- Generous paid time off
- 8 paid holidays plus two, half-day holidays (Christmas Eve and New Years Eve)
- 401(k) retirement plan