There are over 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more… many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before! Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
As a Geospatial Data Scientist for Marketing Communication & Insights (MCI) you will collaborate with business and analytics leaders to generate insights and answer complex business questions by using advanced geospatial and tabular analytics techniques. This position offers remote or onsite locations. If you would like to sit onsite you can report into Olathe, KS, Des Moines, IA, Moline, IL, or Cary, NC . You will also…
- Work with data sets and perform spatial analytics to provide insights and decision support for Dealer Development to optimize our dealer networks.
- Apply analytical techniques to prospect for business insights and find patterns in data which could be valuable for Dealer Development.
- Communicate derived insights, in presentations and the development of mapping applications.
- Identify required data sources and work with geospatial analytics team members to implement methodologies to retrieve and use this data.
- Validate findings using experimental and iterative approaches and is involved in the interpretation of results.
VISA Sponsorship is NOT Available for this position
What Skills You Need
- 3 or more years of experience working with ArcGIS and/or QGIS,
- 3 or more years of experience utilizing visualization tools (e.g., PowerBI, Tableau, etc.)
- 3 or more years of experience using one or more coding languages (SQL, R, Python, PySpark, etc.)
- 3 or more years of experience strong data & analytics experience using GitHub, Databricks, Enterprise Data Lake (EDL).
- Background or proven experience in mining data for analytics insights
What Makes You Stand Out
- Demonstrated innovative skills that meet the needs of the global Sales & Marketing organization.
- Experience in communicating effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Advanced degree in Data & Analytics, Mathematics, or Engineering.
Ideally you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
- Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Geography, Engineering, or equivalent quantitative fields.
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go while working in an inclusive team environment. Here, you’ll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive reward package to help you get started on your new career path, including:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Highly competitive base pay and performance bonuses
- Savings & Retirement benefits (401K and Defined Benefit Pension)
- Healthcare benefits with a generous company contribution in the Health Savings Account
- Adoption assistance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition assistance
- Fitness subsidies and on-site gyms at specific Deere locations
- Charitable contribution match
- Employee Purchase Plan & numerous discount programs for personal use
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
The terms of the applicable benefit plans, and all company actions administering or interpreting these plans, continue to control. Deere & Company reserves the right to suspend, amend, modify, or terminate the Plan(s) in any manner at any time, including the right to modify or eliminate any cost-sharing between the company and participants. Changes, which can be made at any time, are made by action of the company’s board of directors, or to the extent authorized by resolution of its board of directors, or by the Deere & Company Compensation Committee. In the event of a conflict between the language of the official Plan Documents and this document, the language of the official Plan Documents will control.
ACA Section 1557 Nondiscrimination Notice
The John Deere Health Benefit Plans for Salaried Employees and The John Deere Benefit Plan for Wage Employees comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.