The goal of Cross-Meta Integrity is to ensure that Facebook, Instagram, and other Meta apps are safe places where people can connect with each other. The starting point is our Community and Ads Standards – a set of policies designed to keep people safe from abuse such as violence, child exploitation, scams, and account takeover. We build cutting-edge AI, optimized human review systems, and other product solutions to remove and reduce these and other policy violations, careful to provide people transparency and recourse as we balance the severe consequences of unmitigated abuse against the wrongful exclusion of over-enforcement.
The successful candidate will lead a globally dispersed, multi-layered team of data scientists and together with them partner with product managers, software engineers, operations managers, policy experts, and other disciplines to fulfill this mission. As critical members of the product leadeship team, our data scientists bring their expertise to define the metrics and frameworks that shape the overall priorities of our teams, design cutting-edge measurement and inventive experiments to put high-fidelity data behind these artifacts, and perform product, ecosystem, and experimental analyses to drive long-term strategy as well as day-to-day product development. This work utilizes one of the largest data sets in the world and drives high-stakes outcomes that impact billions of people on and off the platform.
Director of Data Science Responsibilities
- Partner with Product, Engineering, Operations, Policy, and other disciplines to develop, influence, support, and execute product strategy and investment decisions.
- Inspire, lead, and grow a globally dispersed, muti-layered team of data scientists and data science managers to partner with other disciplines to fulfill the mission.
- Proactively identify opportunities and open questions to better fulfill the product vision and strategy ensure decisions are made with a high level of rigor using the most relevant data.
- Apply expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and data presentation to uplevel the work of the team..
- Influence leadership (VPs & Directors) across the company to develop cross-cutting strategies and solutions to build on team capabilities across the company to better advance the mission.
- Proven track record partnering with Product, Engineering, and other functions to drive company-level outcomes guided by data-influenced strategy and product development.
- Proven experience influencing product strategy and driving change across organizational boundaries through clear and compelling communication of data-driven insights and analyses.
- Demonstrated experience managing large, multi-layered data science and/or analytics teams including developing senior leaders. Experience to hire, retain, inspire, and scale diverse, geographically dispersed, high-performing teams.
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support. If you need support, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. $312,000/year to $361,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits
Individual pay is determined by skills, qualifications, experience, and location. Compensation details listed in this posting reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity or sales incentives, if applicable. In addition to base salary, Meta offers benefits. Learn more about benefits at Meta.