Are you a visionary leader with a passion for leveraging the power of data science to drive innovation and strategic decision-making in the information analytics industry? Would you like to be at the forefront of our data-driven initiatives, guiding a team of talented data scientists?
About our Team
Our Team comprises Artificial Intelligence experts that are applying the latest, and the state of the art in Generative AI to enable the development of scientific knowledge services on top of our flagship platforms products. The Team works interactively with a wide range of the latest technologies to support and develop our platforms and their capabilities. The Team works also with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders in a real-time interactive way.
About the Role
As the Director of Data Science, you will be at the forefront of our data-driven initiatives, guiding a team of talented data scientists and researchers to develop cutting-edge solutions in the realms of NLP and ML
- Leveraging your deep understanding of NLP, Machine Learning, and Deep Learning to provide strategic direction and insights to the company’s AI projects.
- Maintaining an active presence in the research community, with a track record of recent publications in top-tier conferences and journals related to AI.
- Leading and managing a team of skilled data scientists and researchers. Foster a collaborative and innovative environment, providing mentorship and guidance to nurture professional growth.
- Overseeing the end-to-end execution of high-value projects, from conceptualization to deployment.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams, including engineering, product, and business stakeholders, to ensure projects are delivered on time and meet or exceed quality expectations.
- Possess a profound knowledge of NLP techniques, ML algorithms, deep learning frameworks, and large language models.
- Experience Proficiency in Python, Java, and other relevant programming languages is essential for effectively leading technical discussions and contributing hands-on as needed.
- Display a Track record of recent publications in top-tier conferences and journals related to NLP, ML, AI, and deep learning.
- Experience with working on very large horizontal databases, such as Scopus, and research platforms, such as ScienceDirect, is highly appreciated
- Have knowledge of the latest research trends and advancements in NLP, ML, AI, and deep learning.Proficiency in deep learning frameworks and large language models.
- Possess Proven experience in managing and leading high-performing data science teams. Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively across departments.
Work in a way that works for you
We promote a healthy work/life balance across the organisation. With an average length of service of 9 years, we are confident that we offer an appealing working prospect for our people. With numerous wellbeing initiatives, shared parental leave, study assistance and sabbaticals, we will help you meet your immediate responsibilities and your long-term goals.
Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to help you succeed. Here, you will find an inclusive, agile, collaborative, innovative and fun environment, where everyone has a part to play. Regardless of the team you join, we promote a diverse environment with co-workers who are passionate about what they do, and how they do it.
Working for you
At Elsevier, we know that your wellbeing and happiness are key to a long and successful career. These are some of the benefits we are delighted to offer:
- Generous holiday allowance with the option to buy additional days
- Health screening, eye care vouchers and private medical benefits
- Wellbeing programs
- Life assurance
- Access to a competitive contributory pension scheme
- Long service awards
- Save As You Earn share option scheme
- Travel Season ticket loan
- Maternity, paternity and shared parental leave
- Access to emergency care for both the elderly and children
- RECARES days, giving you time to support the charities and causes that matter to you
- Access to employee resource groups with dedicated time to volunteer
- Access to extensive learning and development resources
- Access to employee discounts via Perks at Work
A global leader in information and analytics, we help researchers and healthcare professionals advance science and improve health outcomes for the benefit of society. Building on our publishing heritage, we combine quality information and vast data sets with analytics to support visionary science and research, health education and interactive learning, as well as exceptional healthcare and clinical practice. At Elsevier, your work contributes to the world’s grand challenges and a more sustainable future. We harness innovative technologies to support science and healthcare to partner for a better world.