Director, Data ScienceFull time
At Nielsen, we believe that career growth is a partnership. You ultimately own, fuel and set the journey. By joining our team of nearly 14,000 associates, you will become part of a community that will help you to succeed. We champion you because when you succeed, we do too. Embark on a new initiative, explore a fresh approach, and take license to think big, so we can all continuously improve. We enable your best to power our future.
Streaming is exploding right now! As a Director on the Connected TV Measurement team, you and your team will have a front row seat for all of the action. In this role, you will be working creatively to help Nielsen clients better reach their intended audience through Nielsen Streaming Signals. At the Director level, you will own all Data Science elements with the product. Primary responsibilities are outlined below.
About the team
The Connected TV Measurement team within the Data Science organization focuses on expanding and enhancing Nielsen’s Connected TV ad measurement product and its supporting tools. Our team develops new methodologies to measure and target audiences across all types of connected devices and integrates new data assets into Nielsen’s existing methodologies to expand the data delivered to clients. Despite being spread across multiple Nielsen offices, our team values collaboration, teamwork, and having fun at work! We hold each other accountable for creating stable, scalable, and well-documented solutions.
- Designing and building new methods to provide age and gender predictions across new data sources
- Developing a product roadmap that includes data-driven methodology updates and corresponding client-focused impact analysis, quality controls, and documentation
- Leading data requirement definitions for new CTV data partners through direct client conversations, identifying and addressing any customizations required
- Ensure product quality, stability, and scalability by facilitating code reviews and driving best practices like modular code, unit tests, and incorporating CI/CD workflows
- Collaborating with cross functional Product and Technology teams to deliver on the product roadmap on schedule while prioritizing competing priorities
- Delegating workload across your team of Data Scientists to facilitate the growth of each individual team member
- Explaining complex model-related concepts in simple terms to non-technical internal and external audiences
- 7+ years of professional work experience in Statistics, Data Science, and/or related disciplines
- 4+ years of demonstrated success managing technical individuals
- Experience with sophisticated data mining & modeling solutions and the tools that support them such as Scikit-learn, PyTorch, and PyMC3
- Experience with relational and distributed database systems with expertise in tools such as Spark, Presto, and other SQL-based querying engines
- Proficiency with DevOps tools and CI/CD workflows including Git
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science or other related field
- Organization, clear communication, and an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
Nice to Have Skills
- Advanced degree in Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science or other related field
- Experience working in cloud-based environments such as Azure, AWS, or GCP
- Experience with ETL frameworks like Airflow
- Domain expertise in Digital or Television measurement
Nielsen: Enabling your best to power a better media future. Our comprehensive benefits package (including health & wellness plans for full-time employees, 401(k) retirement coupled with a Nielsen match, a generous paid time off policy, and if eligible, a discretionary incentive/bonus) is designed to be inclusive for all employees and families, and we take pride in ensuring that employees are rewarded holistically for the role they are doing and their performance.
A reasonable estimate of salary range for a new employee to be offered this role would be between $140,00 - $190,000, which would be adjusted based on each employee’s geographic location. The position of each employee within a compensation range at Nielsen is dependent on several individual circumstances, such as experience, training, certifications and other business requirements/needs.
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.