Director, Data ScienceFull time
Chewy’s Supply Chain Research & Planning (SCRP) group is looking for a highly motivated Director, Research Science, to join the growing Routing team. Combining a background in Supply Chain with a fundamental understanding of data science using applied statistics and causal inference methods, you will be instrumental for guiding our stakeholders to continuously improve our supply chain technologies and customer services through causal estimation. You will be responsible for designing and implementing solutions and technologies which will handle the growing business needs and play a key role in redefining what it means to be a world-class Data Science organization.
What you’ll do:
- Develop long term strategy for scaling the routing and delivery optimization systems
- Lead the team in model and algorithm development by taking business requirements and complex problem statements, and clearly defining data science/statistical projects
- Develop and operationalize machine learning and science-based tools/models iteratively to support growing business use cases and complexity
- Develop and deliver on key performance indicators for financial impact, customer impact, labor impact, and more.
- Hire, develop, and lead a team of operations research scientists and data scientists
- Bring strong communication skills and clear articulation of the vision and implementation plans
- Drive Operation and Technical Excellence delivering highly scalable plans and systems
- Work with Supply Chain leadership to build a roadmap and clearly defined vision for the team
- Identify and manage priorities within the context of overall Chewy objectives
What you’ll need:
- 8+ years in routing, optimization, machine learning, data science, and/or engineering positions in top CPG, retail, or e-commerce organizations.
- 5+ years’ experience managing people and leading a team of leaders.
- An advanced degree (M.S., Ph.D., or equivalent experience) in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- Proven experience with bringing structured thinking in ambiguous problems spaces and delivering solutions.
- Experience with machine learning and advanced optimization methodologies.
- Experience leading, coaching, and developing a high performing team.
- Position may require travel.
Supply Chain, E-commerce, retail, or startup experience is a plus. Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity, needs prioritization, and results delivery in a dynamic environment.
Compensation & Benefits:
Our salary range for a Director, Data Scientist position is $188,500.00 - $302,500.00. The specific salary offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including but not limited to the candidate’s relevant experience, education, and work location. In addition, this position is eligible for 401k, an annual bonus potential, new hire and annual equity grant.
We offer different types of insurance, such as medical/Rx, vision, dental, life, disability, hospital indemnity, critical illness, and accident. We offer parental leave, family services benefits, backup dependent care, flexible spending accounts, telemedicine, pet adoption reimbursement, employee assistance program, and many discounts including 10% off pet insurance and 20% off at Chewy.com.
Non-exempt hourly team members accrue paid time off (PTO) while salaried-exempt team members have unlimited PTO, subject to manager approval. Non-exempt hourly team members in Fulfillment Centers and Customer Service are also eligible for additional unplanned unpaid time off (UTO). Team members will receive six paid holidays per year. Team members may be eligible for paid sick and family leave in compliance with applicable state and local regulations.
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members. If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you need an accommodation during the application process or to perform these job requirements, or if you need a religious accommodation, please contact CAAR@chewy.com.
Similar executive level jobs
$180 000 - $239 000Boston, MA, United States