*Looking for candidates located in PST and/or MST Time Zones
The Fraud unauthorized risk team in Afterpay is mainly managing Account Takeover and Stolen Financial risk.
As a Fraud Decision Scientist at Afterpay, you’ll be responsible for key KPIs for the company’s loss metrics with a good balance of customer experience. You will be tasked to set goals, create strategy, and closely collaborate with product managers, engineers and business stakeholders. You’ll be responsible for detecting changed fraud trends, writing rules with summarized patterns and closely monitoring the solution performance.
- Maintain and further refine the fraud strategy framework, including fraud model strategies and flash fraud surgical rules
- Build and refine fraud model strategy automation process to keep the model strategy up-to-date with high performance
- Review cases daily to timely capture flash fraud trends with quick response to stop loss leakage
- Swiftly respond to system issues and deep dive into root cause analysis
- Master large volumes of data; extract and manipulate large datasets using standard tools such as SQL and Python
- A minimum of 3 years experience in quantitative statistics, math, business, or related disciplines
- Experience in fraud risk solutions is highly desirable
- Experience in data mining and analysis tools such as Python/ SQL etc
- A strong understanding of fraud patterns, including ATO or stolen CC.
- Exceptional time management skills, the ability to multi-task and triage the evolving responsibilities of the role
- Good communication skills and the ability to understand and synthesize requirements across multiple project domains
- An appreciation for the connection between the software you build and the experience it delivers to customers
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $167,300 - USD $204,500 Zone B: USD $158,900 - USD $194,300 Zone C: USD $150,600 - USD $184,000 Zone D: USD $142,200 - USD $173,800
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
Additional Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources These benefits are further detailed in Block’s policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block’s equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.