Visa Consulting and Analytics (VCA) is Visa s consulting division, serving Visa s clients (including card issuers, acquirers and merchants) and solving their strategic problems focused on improving performance and profitability. Drawing on our expertise in strategy consulting, payments, data analytics, marketing, operational and macroeconomics, VCA drives high impact and tangible financial results.
The individual will be part of VCA Data Science geographic team cluster of India and South Asia (INSA) markets, and will be responsible for supporting data science engagements with Visa s clients. The team is involved in a comprehensive range of consulting services and data-driven solutions to our clients, that address unique challenges in areas such as strategic growth, profitability, risk management, digital strategy and portfolio management.
What a Data Scientist, Visa Consulting & Analytics does at Visa:
You will be a member of VCA Data Science team in Asia Pacific and report to the Senior Manager in the INSA cluster. This position will be based in Visa’s Mumbai office supporting the development and implementation of analytics-driven strategies as well as high-impact solutions for Visa clients.You will bring in prior experience in data science, modelling and data-driven insights to solve complex problems and unlock business value.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support and deliver data science engagements for India and South Asia clients using multiple data sources.
- Develop Strategic benchmarking dashboards in tableau for top banks and fintechs in India and South Asia market to help them in portfolio management and optimization.
- Storyboarding and creating insights from the dashboards and identify any gaps to market.
- Clearly communicate findings and recommendations, data-driven insights to clients and stakeholders.
- Ensure consistency, standards & quality control of deliverables, with coding and project documentation up to date.
- Optimize and automate the benchmarking dashboards by collaborating with Hub teams, Data engineering teams and IT.
- Manage time across multiple reports/projects and ensure timely delivery to clients while maintaining accuracy.
- Communicate effectively with clients to understand the business requirements and do end to end scoping for the project deliverables.
- Help in pitching benchmarking dashboards to various clients and resolve queries on timely basis.
- Seek out opportunities to innovate by using Visa data, client data and non-traditional data fit for purpose to the needs of our clients.
Why this is important to Visa
As payments consulting arm of Visa, VCA is growing a team of highly specialized experts who can provide best-in-class payment expertise and data-driven strategies to clients. We’re building a high-performing team of data scientists, data analysts and statisticians helping major organizations adapt and evolve to meet the changes taking place in technology, finance, and commerce with cutting-edge, creative and advanced analytic solutions. The purpose of the team is to help Visa s clients grow their business and solve problems by providing consulting services through the use of data.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree (Masters would be an advantage) in quantitative field such as Statistics, Mathematics, Operational Research, Computer Science, Economics, or engineering or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of experience in data-based quantitative analysis or predictive modeling.
- Experience with extracting and aggregating data from large data sets using SQL, Hive, Spark, or other data extraction tools.
- Must have proficiency with Tableau, Hive, SQL, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Hands on experience and proficiency in designing and building dashboards independently using Tableau.
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated ability to solve business problems with data.
- Excellent communication skills -verbal & written.
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to progress on multiple priorities concurrently.
- Willingness to travel 20% or more
What will also help:
- Exposure/prior work experience in payments and/or banking industry
- Strong hold on MS Excel and PowerPoint
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.