Data Scientist-StatisticsFull time
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world’s largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
As a Data Scientist, you will focus on translating business needs into analytics, interpretation of analytics into business applications, sophisticated technologies, and artificial intelligence solutions. This role will allow you to innovate, explore, and build solutions for FM Global using new technologies. You will develop and apply statistics, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and deep learning to various business problems in loss prevention.
You’ll be part of our innovative and diverse team of sophisticated data and analytics professionals. You’ll work alongside multiple departments, including operations, innovation, business technology transformation, underwriting, and engineering. Through constant learning, innovation, discovery, and collaboration you’ll not only help FM Global deliver on the promise of loss prevention, but you’ll also grow your career and the scope of your impact across our company.
Using your creativity and applying a vast array of techniques and tools, you will plan, conduct, and advise the development and evaluation of real-world, large-scale problems using artificial intelligence/machine learning with minimal or limited supervision.
Your projects will be interesting, exciting and ambitious! You will use statistics to advance the mission and goals of FM Global.
- Ph.D. in Statistics or Biostatistics with 2+ years of industry experience preferred or a Master’s degree with 5+ years of industry experience considered
- 5+ years of experience of data processing, statistical analysis and modelling using tools such as Python,R
- 3+ years of experience of processing large datasets using SQL
- Advanced Knowledge and Working Experience in:
- Generalized Linear Models (Logistic Regression, Zero-Inflated Model, etc.)
- Model Regularization
- Probability Distributions
- Hypothesis testing
- Statistical Inference
- Machine Learning (Random Forest, Clustering, Gradient Descent, Gradient Boosting, etc.)
- Experiment Design
- Non-Parametric Statistics
- Experience as the lead role of full-cycle data science projects
- Working experience in risk management and/or property insurance is strongly preferred
The hiring range for this position dependent on final grade and title is $97,500 to $140,100 USD. The final salary offer will vary based on geographic location, individual education, skills, and experience. The position is eligible to participate in FM Global’s comprehensive Total Rewards program that includes an incentive plan, generous health and well-being programs, a 401(k) and pension plan, career development opportunities, tuition reimbursement, flexible work, time off allowances and much more.
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.