Data Scientist, New Content FormatsFull time
We are looking for an outstanding Data Scientist to join the band and our Content Analytics team to drive insights and learning around our growing number of content formats beyond music and podcasts (audiobooks, ambient, video).
What You’ll Do
- Perform analyses on large sets of data to extract useful insights that will drive decisions, with a particular focus on new & innovative content formats at Spotify
- Engineer novel data sets, features and reports that shed a new light on the dynamics of how users and creators engage with new content formats
- Craft high impact presentations and communicate data-driven insights and recommendations to various audiences, through clear visualizations and data storytelling
- Partner with other data scientists on the team and across the organization to develop insights agendas for new content experiences within Spotify
Who You Are
- 2+ years of proven experience analyzing complex data with SQL, Python, and/or R
- You have a degree in a quantitative field, such as Computer Science/Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics
- Previous experience with consumer-facing digital apps preferred; other media, entertainment, or technology experience is also highly valued
- You are curious and not afraid of exploring new domains; you enjoy partnering with others to define and develop new opportunities
- You are a strong communicator; you focus just as much on how you deliver your findings, as you do on the technical craft of uncovering new insights
- Experience building data visualizations and dashboards (e.g., Tableau or similar BI solution)
- Modeling and statistical knowledge, such as forecasting, AB-testing, or feature engineering for machine learning is a plus
- Experience crafting and scheduling datasets is a plus
Where You’ll Be
- We’ve introduced Work From Anywhere to give you more options!
- While we will ask you to pop into the office from time to time, we are giving you the flexibility to work from home should you choose to do so.
- Working hours? We operate within the EST time zone for collaboration.
Our global benefits
- Extensive learning opportunities, through our dedicated team, GreenHouse.
- Flexible share incentives letting you choose how you share in our success.
- Global parental leave, six months off - fully paid - for all new parents.
- All The Feels, our employee assistance program and self-care hub.
- Flexible public holidays, swap days off according to your values and beliefs.
Learn about life at Spotify
The United States base range for this position is $101,240-144,628, plus equity. The benefits available for this position include health insurance, six month paid parental leave, 401(k) retirement plan, monthly meal allowance, 23 paid days off, 13 paid flexible holidays, paid sick leave. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.