Data ScientistFull time
Spotify’s mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music, podcasting and audiobooks. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 515 million users.
We are looking for an outstanding Data Scientist to join the band and build core analytics to support our Music Partnerships teams, meaning the teams at Spotify who work with artists, artist managers, songwriters, record labels and music publishers.
What You’ll Do
- Perform analyses on large sets of data to extract useful insights that will drive decisions, with a particular focus on artist and release performances
- Engineer novel data sets, features and reports that shed a new light on the dynamics of music listening
- Communicate data-driven insights and recommendations to non-technical audiences, through clear visualizations and data storytelling
- Craft high impact presentations for senior management on the Music Partnerships teams
- Evaluate Spotify’s value exchange with music partners and build compelling data visualization tools to move it forward
- Analyze AB-tests and form hypotheses for product improvements in how content reaches listeners
- Model statistical predictions to surface growing artists, genres and music trends, so as to advise resource allocation in and around Spotify’s Music organization
Who You Are
- You have a degree in a quantitative field, such as Computer Science/Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics; advanced degree is desirable
- 2+ years (5+ years for senior role) of proven experience analyzing complex data with SQL, Python, and/or R
- You are passionate about music and digital content trends in general. Previous experience in music is a preference. Other media, entertainment, or technology experience is also highly valued
- You are an effective communicator. You focus just as much on how you deliver your findings, as you do on the technical craft of uncovering new insights.
- Experience building data visualizations and dashboards (e.g., Tableau or similar BI solution)
- Modeling and statistical knowledge, such as forecasting, AB-testing, or feature engineering for machine learning is a plus
- Experience creating and scheduling datasets is highly valued. Knowledge of Google’s BigQuery, or DBT is a plus
Where You’ll Be
- We’ve introduced Work From Anywhere to give you more options!
- While we will ask you to pop into the office from time to time, we are giving you the flexibility to work from home should you choose to do so.
- Working hours? We operate within the EST time zone for collaboration.
Our global benefits
- Extensive learning opportunities, through our dedicated team, GreenHouse.
- Flexible share incentives letting you choose how you share in our success.
- Global parental leave, six months off - fully paid - for all new parents.
- All The Feels, our employee assistance program and self-care hub.
- Flexible public holidays, swap days off according to your values and beliefs.
Learn about life at Spotify
The United States base range for this position is $101,240-144,628, plus equity. The benefits available for this position include health insurance, six month paid parental leave, 401(k) retirement plan, monthly meal allowance, 23 paid days off, 13 paid flexible holidays, paid sick leave. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.