Data Scientist, Content Provider SolutionsFull time
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our Content Platform Product insights organization. Content Platform is a central enabler for Spotify; together, our teams ensure that Spotify has a complete, safe, available and enriched catalog of music, podcasts, videos and more. We provide the insights that enable a differentiated understanding of music providers and their content, attributes and relationships to Spotify. We also manage a suite of products that enable providers all over the world to seamlessly upload content for millions of Spotify listeners to enjoy. This role will be a part of our Content Provider Solutions team, who are focused on improving the delivery process and experience for our content providers.
What You’ll Do
- Work alongside product managers, designers, engineers and operations to design great products for our partners.
- Participate in the entire product development lifecycle, from ideation and concept development to product launch and post-launch analysis.
- Define the metrics we use to measure the success and health of products, and track them through dashboards.
- Design, implement and maintain ETL pipelines in SQL and Google BigQuery.
- Create insights from large sets of data that will help drive product, design decisions and business performance.
- Communicate insights and recommendations to partners across Spotify.
Who You Are
- Degree in data science, computer science, statistics, economics, mathematics, or a similar quantitative field, or equivalent experience.
- You have experience working with product teams, participating in the product development cycle.
- You are adept at working with loosely defined requirements, demonstrating the ability to independently scope and structure your own work.
- Experience with product analytics, including crafting success metrics, identifying causality, and presenting findings with clear product recommendations or implications.
- Experience in programming in at least one language (Python, R) and fluent in SQL. BigQuery experience is a plus.
- Experience visualizing data and/or building dashboards. Looker Studio and/or Tableau experience is a plus.
- Experience in working with user behavior data. Google Analytics experience is a plus.
Where You’ll Be
- We’ve introduced Work From Anywhere to give you more options!
- We are giving you the flexibility to choose to work from our office in Berlin or from home in the Germany depending on your preference.
Learn about life at Spotify
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.#