What You Need To Know
Open your future to incredible career potential. Work for an industry-leader who invests in their people. Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits is North America’s preeminent wine and spirits distributor, as well as a family-owned, privately held company with a 50+ year legacy of success. We were named by Newsweek as a Most Loved Workplace and are included on the Forbes lists for Largest Private Companies and Best Employers for Diversity.
As a full-time employee, you can choose from a full menu of our Top Shelf Benefits, including comprehensive medical and prescription drug coverage, dental and vision plans, tax-saving Flexible Spending Accounts, disability coverage, life insurance plans, and a 401(k) plan. We also offer tuition reimbursement, a wellness program, parental leave, vacation accrual, paid sick leave, and more.
Southern Glazer’s offers a competitive package with an annual compensation of $90,00-$100,000 plus incentives. In determining a final offer, the company will evaluate a specific candidate’s education, skills and experience and will make an offer appropriately.
At Southern Glazer’s, you’ll enjoy an environment where continuous learning and growth are supported and experience a culture where you are respected, and your voice is heard. If you’re looking to fill your glass with opportunity, come join our FAMILY.
The Data analyst will partner with functional members of Supply Chain to understand the current and future business requirements. They will be responsible for gathering data across sources, analyzing data, and providing insights used for decision making. They will ensure the appropriate use of analytical tools, so that analysis and reporting is accurate, timely, thorough, and professional. They will also optimize existing data processes and resources with clear goals and benchmarks of improvement, development, and management of sound business practices.
- Ability to understand and translate data to business insights.
- Ability to join data from multiple systems and sources though the use of SQL and Excel.
- Ability to mine large sets of data.
- Summarizes analysis and findings for users.
- Maintain data quality through identifying issues, removing duplicates, data cleansing and enrich data quality.
- Apply the appropriate use of analytical tools to optimize reporting for current business requirements and create new processes and solutions for future business requirements.
- Provide mentoring and support to other analysts to assist in their development surrounding data, processes, reporting and utilizing self-service tools.
- Assist the Supply Chain Executives, and all functions of SCM with timely, accurate, pertinent information and analysis as well as aid in monitoring, evaluating, and improving performance and related metrics of the Supply Chain.
- Develop, design, and manage efficient processes, tabular reports, list reports, score cards, dynamic models, and dashboards that effectively monitor various KPIs and assist the supply chain business teams such as S&OP, Replenishment, Operations and Logistics
- Support the long-term vision of supply chain through effective implementation of data reporting, analytics, and insights.
Additional Primary Responsibilities
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Supply Chain Management, Finance or Engineering.
- Expert knowledge in Excel including pivot tables, Vlookups and other formulas.
- Intermediate knowledge on SQL (Joins, Stored Procedures, Jobs, Troubleshooting)
- Tableau and SAP Business Objects experience preferred but not required.
- At least 3 years of experience in analytics. Supply Chain experience preferred but not required.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Experience developing, improving, and streamlining processes and reporting.
- Thorough analytical, investigative, and problem-solving skills.
- Timeliness, accuracy, and professionalism.
- Physical demands with activity or condition for a considerable amount of time include sitting and typing/keyboarding using a computer (e.g., keyboard, mouse, and monitor) or mobile device
- Physical demands with activity or condition may occasionally include walking, bending, reaching, standing, squatting, and stooping
- May require lifting/lowering, pushing, carrying, or pulling up to 20lbs
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits, an Affirmative Action/EEO employer, prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides competitive compensation based on estimated performance level consistent with the past relevant experience, knowledge, skills, abilities and education of employees. Unless otherwise expressly stated, any pay ranges posted here are estimates from outside of Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits and do not reflect Southern Glazer’s pay bands or ranges.