Life as a Satalian
As an organisation, we push the boundaries of data science, optimisation and artificial intelligence to solve the most complex problems in the industry. Satalia, a Wunderman Thompson Company, is a community of individuals devoted to working on diverse and challenging projects, allowing you to flex your technical skills whilst working with a tight-knit team of high performing colleagues.
Led by our founder and WPP Chief AI Officer Daniel Hulme, Satalia’s ambition is to become a decentralised organisation of the future. Today, this involves developing tools and processes to liberate and automate manual repetitive tasks, with a focus on freedom, transparency and trust. At the core of our thinking is an approach to wellbeing and inclusivity. We unpack human behaviour and unpick prejudice to ensure a safe and inviting environment. We offer truly flexible working and allow our employees to find the working practice that makes them most productive. At Satalia, your opinion matters and your achievements are celebrated.
We are investing massively in developing next-generation AI tools for multimodal datasets and a wide range of applications. We are building large scale, enterprise grade solutions and serving these innovations to our clients and WPP agency partners.
As a member of our data science team, you will work alongside world-class talent in an environment that not only fosters innovation but also personal and professional growth. You will be at the forefront of AI, leveraging multimodal datasets to build groundbreaking solutions over a multi-year roadmap. Your contributions will directly shape cutting-edge AI products and services that make a tangible impact for FTSE 100 clients.
It is a great time to be joining as the industry transforms itself in what we believe is a generational moment for technology and AI.
We are hiring across all experience levels in data science, from entry-level to seasoned professionals, and offer competitive salaries commensurate with experience and skills.
- Leverage state-of-the-art algorithms and libraries to solve complex problems for our clients.
- Collaborate with Satalia and WPP Product teams to design and implement advanced AI features.
- Analyse large multi-modal datasets to extract insights and features that can be used by downstream models and applications.
- Develop and optimise traditional machine learning models for supervised and unsupervised learning, as well as state-of-the-art AI models for tasks such as image-to-text, text-to-image, question-answering, and summarization.
- Stay abreast of the latest trends in AI research and integrate them into our products and services
- Communicate technical challenges and solutions to non-technical stakeholders and team members.
Minimum qualifications / Skills
- Proficiency with the Python programming language.
- Familiarity with agile software development practices such as code reviews, unit testing, and git.
- Hands-on experience with libraries and frameworks such as Hugging Face, NLTK, SpaCy, TensorFlow, PyTorch, and Scikit-Learn.
- Strong understanding of deep learning architectures, such as transformers, recurrent and convolutional neural networks, and attention-mechanisms.
- Hands-on Experience with text, visual or spatiotemporal data.
- Familiarity with pre-trained AI models such as BERT, RoBERTa, GPT, CLIP, BLIP, etc.
- Development - focus on bringing the best out of each other;
- Remote working - café, bedroom, beach - wherever works;
- Impactful projects - focus on bringing meaningful social and environmental change;
- People oriented culture - wellbeing is a priority, as is being a nice person;
- Truly flexible working hours - school pick up, volunteering, gym;
- Transparent and open culture - you will be heard.
- Annual bonus - when Satalia does well, we all do well;
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of our wider community. Please let us know at any time if you require reasonable adjustments to your interview process and feel free to let us know the pronouns you use.