At Render we are building a powerful, easy-to-use cloud platform to host anything online: from simple static sites to complex applications with dozens of microservices. Render offers the flexibility of traditional cloud providers without their complexity and maintenance headaches so developers and businesses can focus on building products instead of managing servers.
We’re a talented and diverse group solving a problem faced by every development team. We iterate quickly while placing the utmost importance on user experience, quality, and reliability. We push ourselves to do better every day. With tens of thousands of customers and rapidly increasing revenue, we’re on to something big.
Applying to Render:
We’re looking for candidates with high integrity, low ego, and an insatiable drive to learn. We use reasoned discussion and constant feedback to improve as individuals and as a company. We cultivate mutual trust and respect, empowering us to debate ideas effectively and create the best outcomes for our customers and our team.
We especially encourage members of underrepresented groups in the tech community to apply.
Our interview process is unique to each role, and we value the candidate experience just as much as our customer experience. We hope your conversations with us reflect a thoughtful process that is illuminative, enjoyable, and respectful of your time.
About the role:
You’ll be the founding member of the Data Science function at Render, working closely with partners across engineering, product, and marketing. You’ll play a pivotal role in bolstering the data culture at Render, as well as contributing to the data and analytical foundations to improve the product and drive decision-making.
- Collaborate with our Product and Marketing team to define, canonicalize, and refine core growth metrics and build dashboards and reporting.
- Define and track product usage and funnel metrics, identify user cohorts, and use these to suggest product improvements.
- Create heuristics or models to identify events of interest like high-potential user signups or churn.
- Work with engineers to improve logging and data models to better support analytics.
- Partner closely with teammates in Product, Engineering, Marketing, and Finance - from using data to drive pricing decisions to advising on experimentation for marketing, to helping build a data-driven mindset and enabling others to define high-quality metrics.
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Experienced with product analytics, metrics, and modeling, with 4 or more years in a Data Science role. Data infrastructure experience is also a plus.
- Has a track record of high ownership and taking initiative. You’re comfortable - and excited by - being our first dedicated Data Scientist and eager to help us define the path forward.
- Cross-functional and can communicate effectively about data to team members with different skill sets and experience.
- Proficient in SQL and scripting languages like Python and comfortable with Jupyter notebooks.
- Our data stack:
- SQL (PostgreSQL, BigQuery, Metabase)
- ETL (data build tool, Stitch)
- Product analytics (Segment, Mixpanel)
- Our data stack:
- Our openings span more than one career level. The starting salary for this role is between $180,000 and $210,000 USD. The provided salary depends on many factors, such as work experience and transferable skills, business needs and impact, and market demands.
- The opportunity is also eligible for equity with early exercise options and extended exercise windows.
- 12 weeks of fully paid parental leave for all parents to bond with a newly born, adopted, or fostered child, plus an additional 5 days off during your first few weeks back. We will work with you to create a supportive plan of return.
- Long-term disability, life insurance, and 401K plans.
- 100% employer-paid medical coverage and 99% employer-paid dental and vision coverage for you and a dependent. FSAs available too.
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Monthly mental health stipend
- Monthly commuter stipend for Bay Area employees, and a home office stipend for remote employees
- Continuous learning benefits & related support.
Render is an equal-opportunity employer. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product, and our community to flourish. We make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional, and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We encourage all who are interested to apply. We can’t wait to hear from you!