Our new global headquarters is conveniently located in Irvine, CA near John Wayne Airport in the Park Place development. For our onsite and hybrid employees you will be able to enjoy amenities such as access to many restaurants and shops, running trails, a fitness deck, outdoor seating, dry cleaning, car wash, free garage parking, car charging stations, shuttle service for train commuters, outdoor games like bocce, horseshoes, gaming tables, pickle ball, and basketball. For more information on Park Place visit www.parkplaceirvine.com
Who We Are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero
Analyzes complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to decision-makers. Identifies and interprets trends and patterns in datasets to locate influences. Have strong predictive, statistical modeling skills. Constructs forecasts, recommendations and strategic/tactical plans based on business data and market knowledge. Creates specifications for reports and analysis based on business needs and required or available data elements. Provide consultation to users and lead cross-functional teams to address business issues. Directly produce datasets and reports for analysis using system reporting tools.
What you will be doing:
- Create visual stories and business cases from data that helps leadership make quick and effective decisions.
- Build out predictive modeling using R and Python that harnesses customer and competitive analysis data to spot emerging trends and areas of opportunity.
- Work closely with teams inside the Global Connectivity’s groups to develop metrics and visualizations that will highlight inefficiencies, transaction volumes, and track process improvement initiatives as well as uncover revenue opportunities.
- Identify undeveloped data and extract insights that will help guide and influence effective business decisions.
- Partner with business process experts and owners to build BI and leading indicators of operational benchmarks.
- Deliver ad hoc business data analyses using Python, R, and SQL, creating dashboards/reports/insights in multiple visualization tools like Tableau and Power BI.
- Work with various corporate stakeholders and the business intelligence community to understand data integrity and differences across enterprise-wide systems.
The salary range of $74,000-$124,000 is just one component of Panasonic’s total package. The final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives.
Base pay offered may vary depending on skills, experience, job-related knowledge and location.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Engineering, Analytics, or Information Management is required. (Masters in Analytics preferred).
- 3+ years equivalent experience in modeling, forecasting, data architecture (Analytics/Business Intelligence preferred).
- Data Science Certifications Preferred.
- Experience working with AWS Cloud environments and tools for Data Science, AI and ML.
- ETL, Data Architecture preferred but not mandatory.
- Ability to take ambiguous sets of data and decipher meaning to tell a story or business case that drives business decisions is required. Should be strong in AWS suite; certification preferred.
- Strong ability to communicate both written and verbally to internal and external clients is important.
- Strong ability to create and deliver effective presentations to multiple audiences is key.
- Advanced expertise using data analytic software such as R, Python, SQL is essential.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft productivity tools: Excel, Word, and Visio and other software is necessary.
- Willingness and ability to work in a collaborative environment is important.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year plus a paid company-wide shut down in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year.
- Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.