Salary: £40,000 - £57,000 + up to 6% bonus per annum
As a Data Scientist at NHBC, you will collaborate with our esteemed team of seasoned professionals to revolutionise pricing strategies, mine valuable insights from data, and contribute to the success of a leading name in the insurance industry. Don’t miss this opportunity to make a meaningful impact and advance your career in a supportive and innovative environment.
What we offer:
- 27 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) and a holiday purchase scheme
- Generous pension scheme, with an employer contribution of up to 10.5%
- Life Assurance (x4 salary)
- Subsidised private medical insurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee discounts platform, including gym discounts
- 24/7 employee assistance programme supporting your mental wellbeing
- 2 days volunteer leave
- Equalised maternity, paternity, adoption leave and pay for all new parents
What you’ll be doing
- Employing a diverse range of data science and actuarial methods to develop insurance pricing and predictive models.
- Continuously tracking and comparing business performance against model predictions to ensure alignment with projected outcomes.
- Evaluating and refining profitability strategies to maximise performance and financial results.
- Data mining NHBC’s extensive non-traditional data sources for new predictive factors / insight.
- Geospatial analysis using LIDAR and other external datasets to enrich NHBC’s own data and model the impact of weather / climate changes on insurance claims.
- Enhancing and automating the delivery of Management Information (MI) and data analytics to NHBC’s Executive Directors, senior managers, and valued customers.
The ideal candidate will have
- Data science modelling skills (GLMs, GAMs, boosted trees)
- Python programming skills
- Microsoft Suite proficiency
- Experience working in a data science role
Education and Qualifications
- Numerate degree (e.g., Maths, Physics, Economics, Actuarial Science) minimum 2:1
Why you should join us
At NHBC we are proud to be unique. No other organisation in our sector combines the variety of services and scale that we offer. As the market leader, our name is synonymous with new home warranty and insurance. Our people are driven by our core purpose to raise standards in housebuilding and protect homeowners.
We are a modern, lifestyle and family friendly employer who are in a period of rapid growth, investing in technology, data and new ways of working. We need passionate, talented and driven people to join us on this journey.
We encourage our colleagues to work flexibly. We don’t promise we can offer you exactly what you want, but we are always happy to talk flexible working.
Your future with us
We have lots of fantastic examples across our business of people who are building their career with us. We are huge advocates of internal mobility and work hard to retain our best talent. We offer exceptional personal development and career progression opportunities. If you’re ambitious, driven and hard-working you will succeed with us. We’ll support you with full training, ongoing development, and the opportunity to gain recognised qualifications and professional memberships.
Our inclusive culture
We are committed to creating an inclusive culture that encourages everyone to bring their true selves to work. We fundamentally believe in the rights of all our employees and customers to be treated fairly, with dignity and respect, free from discrimination. We have active employee networks that support our colleagues and their allies, creating safe spaces for open conversations and the sharing of ideas.
If you need any adjustments or additional support with your application, please let us know at Recruitment@nhbc.co.uk