Data Scientist - MeteorologyFull time
We are Dexter Energy! We are an Amsterdam-based scale-up that’s building AI-based forecasting and optimization products to help renewable energy companies become more predictable and profitable, helping push fossil fuels out of the market, and speeding up the energy transition. Our mission is to enable a sustainable and affordable power system that changes the energy market. We truly believe we can make a significant impact on climate change.
Power up our team
This position will be part of the Meteo product team within the Product Department, working closely with Giuseppe Procaccianti (Data Science Manager) and Fons de Leeuw (Lead Meteorological Engineer).
It’s time to amp up your career!
As a Data Scientist in the Meteo team, you’ll be at the forefront of our mission by powering our forecasting & trading products through enhanced weather forecasts. You’ll drive the effective use of meteorological data, benchmarking the quality of multiple weather models and performing enhancements on features that have an high impact for predicting renewable energy generation. You’ll work alongside meteorology and data science experts, performing research and development in collaboration with other product teams
What you will be doing
- Benchmark weather forecasting models and perform experiments in order to determine added value for our products
- Collaborate with data scientists to integrate meteorological insights into the broader forecasting and trading models.
- Improve the high-performance data processing codebase to keep it in line with best practices and improve usability using libraries such as numpy, pandas, scikit-learn, xarray, polars.
- Work on our in-house cutting-edge weather data platform powered by TileDB
This role is Watt you’ve been looking for!
- Why should you consider this opportunity
- Our salary is in the top 30% of the market
- We offer a NS Business card or a Swapfiets
- We offer a personal Learning & Development budget and every last Friday of the month we have a Learning & Development Day
- A healthy working environment, where we put trust in our fellow Dexterians. With this trust comes the flexibility to do your job how you see fit and in our setting, there’s plenty of room for your ideas and wishes
Keep the energy flowing
To be successful in this role, you’ll at least need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Meteorology, Atmospheric Science, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Experience working with meteorological data and an understanding of its implications in renewable energy forecasting.
- 3+ years experience working in a professional capacity, with a focus on meteorological data and its application in a data engineering or software engineering environment.
- Proficiency in at least a portion of the Python data and machine learning ecosystem. This might include libraries and frameworks such as NumPy, pandas, pyarrow, scipy, depending on the specific requirements of the role.
Join Dexter Energy as a Meteo Data Scientist, where you’ll harness the power of data to drive the renewable energy revolution.
Apply now and be part of an inclusive, innovative team that is shaping the future of sustainable energy.
Dexter is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.