Data Scientist, GBM AnalyticsFull time
We are seeking an experienced Data Scientist who can partner effectively with the Scaled Solutions Global Marketing Channels team within GBPM. Their key priorities are to to grow and optimize Meta’s Personalized cross channel marketing efforts. The Data Scientist should be able to run robust analyses, make recommendations based on data pulled from internal and external sources, show strong business intuition, manage data pipelines and dashboards, and have the ability to work independently. They should be able to drive and deliver on the measurement and experimentation framework for the Global Marketing Channel team’s projects and use their knowledge and experience to drive strategy. The Data Scientist will work directly with stakeholders across Meta’s key Marketing teams to help shape measurement deliverables and roadmaps, while analyzing marketing efforts.
Data Scientist, GBM Analytics Responsibilities
- Partner with marketing, digital, research and product organizations to scope, design, execute, measure, and improve the impact of Marketing Automation
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how to optimized GBM’s Marketing Automation efforts
- Hands-on with end-to-end quantitative analysis, tools and models to support marketing decision making
- Leverage advanced statistical techniques like incrementality, experiment design, regression analysis, clustering, causal inference, synthetic control selection, etc. to measure digital marketing KPIs, ROI, marketing effectiveness, LTV, ROAS, sentiment analysis, etc.
- Drive end-to-end insights creation-to-consumption lifecycle, leading business problem definition, hypotheses formulation, designing and delivering the solution to support business decisions and outcomes
- Work effectively in close partnership with marketing and digital leadership, using data/insights to drive strategy including creation and evaluation of marketing programs
- Build new metrics, dashboards and insights to measure Marketing Automation’s marketing activities in order to optimize and scale their actions
- Translate data insights into actions and recommendations that will drive marketing effectiveness and tell the story to executive audiences on user growth, marketing performance and product adoption
- Help create, maintain, and improve key data sets, pipelines, and reporting to track and manage Partnerships Marketing activities
- Bachelor’s in Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Applied mathematics, Data Science or equivalent experience or related field
- 4+ years of work experience in Data Science, Marketing Analytics, Product Analytics Consulting, Decision Science and/or Business Analytics
- 4+ years experience in SQL
- 4+ years experience in applying statistical techniques in a business and/or marketing context using R, Python, SAS, SPSS, MATLAB
- Experience in incrementality, experiment design, regression analysis, clustering, causal inference, synthetic control selection, etc.
- Experience leveraging data driven models to drive business decisions and building visualizations using large datasets and multiple data sources
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- MBA/MS/PhD degree in a quantitative field
- Experience managing and prioritizing multiple concurrent projects and driving initiatives in a large cross-functional environment
- Experience in a consumer technology company
- Experience guiding and mentoring junior analysts
- Experience operating within globally distributed teams
- Experience developing data pipelines via SQL and Python-based ETL framework
- Experience shipping code into production
- 8+ years of work experience in Data Science, Marketing Analytics, Product Analytics Consulting, Decision Science and/or Business Analytics
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics. Meta is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support. If you need support, please reach out to email@example.com. $165,000/year to $232,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits
Individual pay is determined by skills, qualifications, experience, and location. Compensation details listed in this posting reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity or sales incentives, if applicable. In addition to base salary, Meta offers benefits. Learn more about benefits at Meta.