As a Data Scientist within the Office of the CTO within the Artificial Intelligence Research group at McAfee, you will play a vital role in providing our customers with cutting edge protection and peace of mind.
Use your LLM (Large Language Model) and Generative AI expertise to identify new opportunities for application across the personal security space, in addition to improving McAfee’s threat protection capabilities. Leverage your data visualization and storytelling skills to present your research to audience members ranging from fellow data scientists to senior executives.
About the role:
- Apply subject matter expertise in LLMs (Large Language Models) and Generative AI in the development of machine learning driven solutions to protect the digital lives of our customers
- Apply statistical and machine learning knowledge aimed at identifying opportunities to improve upon existing protection capabilities using supervised and unsupervised modeling techniques
- Apply data wrangling skills toward cleaning data and building data pipelines from which to implement model monitoring dashboards and machine learning models
- Apply data mining and exploration skills on raw and cleaned data in a variety of formats to uncover insights for data driven decision making
- Work with stakeholders across the organization to identify opportunities utilizing big data from many different sources
- Use data visualization techniques and storytelling skills to convey research results in a meaningful manner with recommendations backed by data
- Own data science projects of varying scope from concept to delivery while focusing on delivering a solution to address the original problem statement to achieve success
- You have worked with and understand LLMs (Large Language Models) and Generative AI
- You have 5+ years of experience as a data scientist manipulating large datasets, building data pipelines and machine learning models. Work experience in the cybersecurity industry is a plus.
- You possess a Master’s or PhD in Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science or other quantitative field
- You have extensive experience with Python, PySpark, R, SQL and cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP and Databricks
- You are self-motivated and comfortable working remotely in collaboration with an international team.
- You have strong problem-solving skills that can be applied toward data wrangling, exploratory data analysis, data visualization, model development, model measurement, model deployment and model monitoring.
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Bonus Program
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Basic Life, Short Term Disability and Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
- 14 Paid Company Holidays
- Unlimited Paid Time Off for Exempt Employees
- 96 Hours of Sick Time and 120 Hours of Vacation for Non-Exempt Employees Accrued Each Year
We’re serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
The starting pay range for this position is $104,500.00-$171,250.00. McAfee takes into consideration an individual’s skillset, experience and location in making final salary determinations. For further details, please discuss with the Talent Acquisition Partner.