CLA is a top 10 national professional services firm where our purpose is to create opportunities every day, for our clients, our people, and our communities through industry-focused wealth advisory, digital, audit, tax, consulting, and outsourcing services. Even with more than 8,500 people, 130 U.S. locations, and a global reach, we promise to know you and help you.
CLA is dedicated to building a culture that invites different beliefs and perspectives to the table, so we can truly know and help our clients, communities, and each other.
CLA is looking to hire a Data Scientist Manager to join our growing Internal IT team.
About the role:
As a Data Scientist Manager, you will:
The Data Scientist Manager thrives when constructing complex solutions that integrate data wrangling, visualization, and advanced modeling techniques into a seamless workflow using software development best practices in R, Python, or other scripting languages. They are comfortable working with APIs, web scraping, and SQL/no-SQL databases. It is not uncommon for our Data Scientists to automate business workflows while integrating stochastic/numeric algorithms in the process. Creating and modifying predictive algorithms to uncover and answer business questions makes us tick. Our products are usually delivered as a scheduled deployment, markdown report, dashboard, shiny application, or API. In contrast to a Senior, the Manager will develop more autonomy to develop solutions and will lead others, take on administrative tasks, perform support roles, and get involved in new business development.
Essential Job Functions
- Service Expertise: Develop service specific knowledge through greater exposure to peers, internal experts, clients, regular self-study, and formal training opportunities. Take on lead roles with client situations to develop and enhance business skills. Retain knowledge gained and performance feedback provided to transfer into future work. Approach all problems and projects with a high level of professionalism, objectivity and an open mind to new ideas and solutions.
- Data Analysis: Plan, lead, and execute external and internal projects involving the collection, analysis, and automated collection of data using a variety of data tools. Together with the Data Analytics team, support the building and implementing of models, algorithms, and simulations supporting solutions for external clients and internal projects. Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques
- Data Development: Collaborate with others on the Data Analytics team members to develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets. Execute predictive and inferential analytics, machine learning, and artificial intelligence techniques. Use existing processes and tools to monitor and analyze solution performance and accuracy, and communicate findings to team members and end users.
- People Development: Assist in developing and executing a Data Analytics/Data Science learning plan for varying levels of knowledge and experience.
- Leadership: Focus on building knowledge of the business of CLA, business development skills, and emotional intelligence. Balance between working independently with specific direction and collaborating with others. Interaction with others will primarily be virtual with leadership and colleagues from other offices. Take a leadership role in developing people.
- Collaboration: Take on additional roles beyond technical development and client service that may include: serving as primary contact with clients or business leaders on internal projects, take on administrative tasks, perform support roles, and get involved in new business development.
What you will need:
- 3 to 7 years of experience in data analytics, statistics, data science, financial consulting, computer science or related fend
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of experience, education and training may be accepted in lieu of degree.
- Flexible PTO (designed to offer flexible time away for you!)
- Up to 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Mental health coverage
- Quarterly Wellness stipend
- Fertility benefits
- Complete list of benefits here
Equal Opportunity Employer /AA Employer/Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Click here to learn about your hiring rights.
Wellness at CLA
To support our CLA family members, we focus on their physical, financial, social, and emotional well-being and offer comprehensive benefit options that include health, dental, vision, 401k and much more.
To view a complete list of benefits click here.