Data Scientist - DecisionsFull time
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
The Marketplace team at Lyft is responsible for accelerating the growth of the business and for delivering our top business/company goals around financial metrics and marketplace performance. The team provides analysis and use cases to support Product teams, build automated tooling, and manage growth investments.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join the Central Market Management team to help shape Lyft’s products and decision-making. You will work with cross-functional stakeholders to analyze and improve product and data performance while getting a ton of executive exposure along the way. You will identify our marketplace’s most critical competitive gaps and develop frameworks and pipelines to address them. We’re looking for an intellectually curious individual who has extraordinary attention to detail, a track record of analytical problem-solving and skilled communication.
You will report to a Data Science Manager.
- Leverage data to build analytic frameworks to identify opportunities for growth and efficiency
- Partner with product managers, engineers, and operators to translate analytical insights into decisions and action
- Identify trends and patterns in competitive data to inform business decisions
- Build data pipelines and develop analytical frameworks to monitor business and product performance
- Establish metrics that measure the competitive health of our products, as well as rider and driver experience
- Collaborate with product and engineering and communicate findings to stakeholders in a clear and concise manner
- Degree in a quantitative field such as statistics, economics, applied math, operations research or engineering (advanced degrees preferred), or relevant work experience
- 3+ years of industry experience in a data science or analytics role
- Proficiency in SQL - able to write structured and efficient queries on large data sets
- Experience in programming, especially with data science and visualization libraries in Python or R
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and ability to collaborate with and influence cross-functional partners
- Extended health and dental coverage options, along with life insurance and disability benefits
- Mental health benefits
- Family building benefits
- Access to a Health Care Savings Account
- In addition to provincial observed holidays, team members get 15 days paid time off, with an additional day for each year of service
- 4 Floating Holidays each calendar year prorated based off of date of hire
- 10 paid sick days per year regardless of province
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
Lyft proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft believes that every person has a right to equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, pardoned record of offences, or any other basis protected by applicable law or by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Accommodation for persons with disabilities will be provided upon request in accordance with applicable law during the application and hiring process. Please contact your recruiter now if you wish to make such a request.
This role will be in-office on a hybrid schedule following the establishment of a Lyft office in Toronto — Team Members will be expected to work in the office 3 days per week on Mondays, Thursdays and a team-specific third day. Additionally, hybrid roles have the flexibility to work from anywhere for up to 4 weeks per year.