Acima is a young and dynamic leasing company that provides consumers with financing options for life necessities that otherwise would not be available to them. We help with financing options for tires/wheels to furniture and electronics. Acima blends the use of innovative online technology with a fast and easy application process for thousands of retailers nationwide. Customers love us because we make the impossible possible. Retailers love us because we make it easy for them.
We are looking for a Data Scientist who is interested in applying their understanding of machine learning techniques and statistics to analyze our many complex datasets. You will be nose deep in interesting payment, behavioral, credit, fraud, and economic datasets, to name a few. The insights gleaned and models trained from the analyses done on these datasets often quickly change the course of the company.
We are interested in a Data Scientist who will take advantage of the many opportunities at Acima to continue developing their skills and deepen their understanding of data science, production systems and databases.
- Wrangle data using python and SQL to access our AWS, Snowflake warehouse
- Build models to predict various business insights using python, notebooks, scikit-learn, scipy, numpy, statsmodels, xgboost
- Share your findings with others using Sisense, Periscope, python, pandas, plotly, seaborn, matplotlib, jupyter notebooks, etc.
- Build, maintain, and document various python microservices with fastapi, flask, Git, Docker, Jenkins, Kubernetes
- Build and maintain scheduled ETL jobs on internal linux servers
- Build and maintain internal python packages
- Collaborate with team members
- Can commute to Draper Utah for in office work (hybrid)
- Python (5+ years experience)
- API architecture (3+ years experience)
- Object oriented programming (2+ years experience)
- Demonstrable understanding of machine learning, statistics and probability (5+ years experience)
- Large dataset wrangling (2+ years experience)
- Ability to work independently and to take responsibility
- Salary will be dependent on experience and will include a base and an annual bonus
- 401K matching, 50% match up to 6%
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- HSA with company contribution
- Unlimited DTO (discretionary time off)
- Free electric vehicle charging
- Hybrid work from home and office flexibility
- Fun, fast-paced work environment
- On-site gym and shower facility