Data ScientistFull time
The primary mission of the Data Scientist role is to help our business evolve into an AI-first, insights-driven organization. The position sits in the Enterprise Data and Analytics team, which aims to drive improved business outcomes using insights gleaned from data and analytics and infuse them into Lennar’s corporate fabric. The Data Scientist develops machine learning and natural language processing models and deploy them to production to provide insights and recommendations to the business to improve internal operations, to understand customers, to provide smarter products and services, to create additional revenue, and to drive decision making.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner very closely with business analytics teams to understand core business processes and identify data science opportunities across the business
- Work closely with various business units to deliver actionable insights that lead to high quality business decisions
- Drive continuous improvement through measurement and monitoring
- Wrangle and integrate data from various data sources using sound software engineering practice
- Work with multiple teams and departments to gain access to and understanding of the data
- Build and operationalize predictive and prescriptive models for a variety of internal stakeholders using both structured and unstructured data sources
- Work closely with engineering teams to embed models into “human-in-the-loop” applications
- Hypothesize, experiment, and learn iteratively and quickly, without being afraid to fail
- Drive increased revenue/decreased cost/decreased risk through data science
- Apply math and statistics background to develop novel algorithms, models, performance measures, and simulations
- Tell stories with analytics and insights, adapting level of detail to the proper audience
- Explain complex data science techniques to data analysts and non-technical users
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Creative and able to analyze, interpret and derive insights, and communicate those to drive change in business
- Ability to formulate data science solutions to real-world business problems
- Experience driving increased revenue/decreased cost using data science solutions
- Proficiency in building data pipelines to feed ML/NLP models
- Ability to develop and deploy end-to-end data science applications in a corporate setting using machine learning models and pipelines
- Deep understanding of ML/NLP models and associated mathematics and statistics
- Experience building data applications/products
- Experience using RPA, AI and other emerging technologies in the Analytics space
- Familiarity with Agile development such as Scrum or Kanban
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, or similar technologies
- Proficiency in one or more visualization tools such as Tableau or PowerBI
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Ability and willingness to quickly learn new technologies
- Expertise in programming languages used in data science, such as Python, R and Scala
- Proficiency in machine learning frameworks such as scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Kera, H20.ai
- Strong adherence to core software engineering principles (code modularization, versioning, git, testing etc.)
- Proficiency in SQL and RDBMS
- Understanding of fundamentals of cloud (Azure, AWS) technologies; databases, infrastructure, automation.
- Experience working with NoSQL database systems and big data technologies
- Experience working with knowledge graphs and building data science models on them is a significant plus.
- 0-3 years providing insights through data science
- 2+ years writing SQL
- Master’s degree in data science, mathematics, statistics, engineering, computer science or equivalent field, or equivalent experience.
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires he position to have the ability to operate computer equipment. Finger dexterity is necessary.
- Travel up to 10% of the time to Divisions within the Lennar family.
- Interact well with co-workers.
- May be required to cross train for position(s) within the team organizational structure from time to time, as required by the Leadership
- Comply with and implement company policies and
- Accept constructive
- Strong work
Lennar is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all aplicable federal, state and local fair employment practices laws.