Data ScientistFull time
Passport Services is looking for a Data Scientist to analyze large amounts of raw information to find patterns that will help improve our analysis for Passport Services. We will rely on you to build data models to extract valuable insights from available data. Looking for candidate with a knack for analysis, math, and statistics. Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are essential for interpreting data. We also want to see a passion for machine-learning and research. Goal will be to help Passport Services analyze trends to make better decisions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes.
- Undertake preprocessing of structured and unstructured data.
- Analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns.
- Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms.
- Combine models through ensemble modeling.
- Present information using data visualization techniques.
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges.
- Collaborate with engineering and product development teams.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Proven experience as a Data Scientist or Data Analyst.
- Experience in data mining.
- Understanding of machine-learning and operations research.
- Knowledge of R; familiarity with SQL and Python is an asset.
- Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g., Tableau) and data frameworks (e.g., Hadoop)
- Analytical mind and business acumen.
- Strong math skills (e.g., statistics, algebra)
- Problem-solving aptitude.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field; graduate degree in Data Science or another quantitative field is preferred
Clearance: Active Secret clearance