Data Scientist II - Turn 10 StudiosFull time
Games. Xbox. Data. Turn 10 Studios, makers of the award winning, billion-dollar Forza franchise, is looking for a Data Scientist II to help build our next generation data analytics using modern tools and the Azure stack. You will be joining a small team of dedicated people that move fast, innovate daily, and have fun (we make games!). As a member of the game analytics team, you’ll analyze data from various sources to glean player motivations and insights. You’ll also partner with designers, developers, and producers to align priorities and identify opportunities to leverage your insights and improve player experiences. An excitement for learning new areas and technologies will help you excel in this role. In addition, you should have agility in decision making, flexibility in the way you work, and a growth mindset in all that you do. You will report to a Data & Applied Scientist Manager.
- Create data science models to drive understanding of player behavior
- Query and transform data from large datasets to produce actionable insights and inform decisions across the product and the franchise
- Develop and present in-depth product analysis on player behavior and game features
- Build Power BI dashboards to enable a self-service environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, Economics, Operations Research, Computer Science, or related field AND 2+ years data-science experience (e.g., managing structured and unstructured data, applying statistical techniques and reporting results)
- OR Master’s Degree in Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, Economics, Operations Research, Computer Science, or related field AND 1+ year(s) data-science experience (e.g., managing structured and unstructured data, applying statistical techniques and reporting results) or consulting experience
- OR Doctorate in Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, Economics, Operations Research, Computer Science, or related field
- OR equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of experience with Spark, Python, R, or equivalent analytical programming languages
- 2+ years of experience in extracting, transforming, and analyzing large data sets using SQL
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Familiarity with games or the gaming industry
- Experience in designing and developing visualization solutions using Power BI, Tableau, or equivalent enterprise data visualization software
- Familiarity with recommendation systems
- Experience with statistical data analysis such as regression, probability, and classification techniques
Data Science IC3 - The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $94,300 - $182,600 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and - New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $120,900 - $198,600 per year.
Certain roles may be eligible for benefits and other compensation. Find additional benefits and pay information here: https://careers.microsoft.com/v2/global/en/us-corporate-pay.html