STChealth is widely recognized as a leading public health informatics company in the United States. Our team is comprised of a unique blend of public health specialists and applied information system developers who come together to create cost-effective public health technology solutions. We are a team of dedicated professionals who are committed to improving public health through the applied use of population health data collected through modernized information systems.
Your Role and Impact
As a Data Scientist II, you will make an immediate impact on our team, products, and public health partners. Working under the supervision of our Director of Predictive Analytics, you’ll collaborate with Data Engineers, Business Intelligence Analysts, DevOps, agile software development teams, and our public health experts. You will help assemble data (data engineering), analyze, develop features and model it (data science), and assist in deploying models into our ecosystem (ML engineering). You’ll contribute to hands-on implementation in the areas of coding, automation, configuration, and testing in collaboration with the rest of the data science team. And, as you stay up to date on machine learning, data science, and MLOps best practices and technologies, you will continue to help integrate new and innovative solutions into our product offerings.
As you apply your knowledge of data science models, algorithms, and intelligence in the healthcare ecosystem, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact to not only STChealth and our clients, but also on the lives of people all around the world.
- You have excellent communication skills which enable you to translate complex technical issues to a non-technical audience.
- You thrive in a team-based and highly collaborative environment whose core involves bringing new ideas and fresh perspectives.
- Your focus is on turning the theoretically good into practically valuable and strive to find creative paths, balancing complexity, scalability, and maintainability.
- You have an exceptional understanding of predictive analytic methodologies, languages, and platforms.
- You have a working understanding of data normalization, cleaning, standardization and other techniques to support the complete data engineering -> data science -> ML engineering continuum.
- Above all, you believe in delivering game-changing insights to public health.
What You Will Need
- Demonstrated technical experience in designing, developing, implementing and maintaining predictive models
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in data science, computer science, statistics, or mathematics
- Experience with predictive analytic/machine learning platforms
- Demonstrated skills with Python
- Demonstrated knowledge of statistical methods (Bayesian, regression, etc.)
- Master’s or PhD in an applied science
- Experience with Databricks, Scala, or Spark
- Experience with AWS technologies like S3, Athena, Glue and AWS Redshift etc.
- Strong technical skills and working knowledge of data engineering, including database architectures, streaming data (e.g., Kafka) and ETL processes (e.g., data cleaning, standardization, deduplication)
When you choose STChealth, you will be choosing a small company where you can make a big contribution. You’ll be choosing a long-standing industry leader who has a 35-year history but a start-up mentality. And you’ll be choosing to join a team of people determined to reduce the impact of preventable disease and empower people throughout the healthcare ecosystem world-wide.
Awarded one of Arizona’s Top Workplaces, you will find that we are a highly engaged group of people, motivated and inspired by each other, and passionate about the collective work we do in creating intelligent solutions for healthier communities all over the world.
Located in the Warehouse District, we are proud to be a part of the dynamic and creative PHX Core Innovation Hub. We have an open-office layout with lots of room for the collaboration and inspiration that feeds all the great ideas that start here.
Benefits? Ours are outstanding. Some of the highlights include a 100% company-paid medical plan, 401(k) matching, paid new parent leave, hybrid-remote flexibility, casual dress, dog days, a focus on well-being, unlimited volunteer hours, and an amazing amount of paid time off.
Apply today to join our team!
Must be a United States citizen or have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986. STChealth is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected Veteran status.