Kyverna Therapeutics is a clinical-stage cell therapy company with the mission of engineering a new class of therapies for autoimmune diseases. The Kyverna therapeutic platform combines advanced T cell engineering and synthetic biology technologies to suppress and eliminate the autoreactive immune cells at the origin of autoimmune and inflammatory diseases. Be at the forefront of cell therapy innovation by joining scientists, industry veterans and healthcare visionaries and help transform how autoimmune diseases are treated.
Kyverna Therapeutics is currently recruiting for a Data Scientist II. IN this newly created position, the incumbent will partner with key internal stakeholders to assess clinical metrics and develop data analytical tools in support of Kyverna’s biomarker strategies. The Data Scientist II will provides statistical expertise and guidance in the development and validation of analytical assays.
- Partner with statisticians in writing, reviewing and executing statistical analysis plans (SAP) for biomarkers, highlighting the biomarker strategy for clinical drug development.
- Plan and perform relevant and innovative statistical analyses of high-dimensional (e.g. gene expression, single cell sequencing, spatial transcriptomics) data generated by cutting edge technologies.
- Create and perform end-to-end analyses that include design, data gathering, processing, analysis, iteration with stakeholders, and presentation of results.
- Accountable for the development of data analytics tools, visualization platforms, predictive models, and emergent insight capabilities that make use of complementary and complex data sets.
- Communicate with internal and external scientific communities, bringing forth innovative approaches to biomarkers and drug development.
- MS or PhD in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Statistics, Biological Sciences, Cancer Biology, Genetics, Genomics, Computer Science, Physics, or similar field.
- MS with 3+ years of experience or PhD with 1+ years of experience in molecular diagnostics or pharmaceutical industry experience will be considered, experience performing benchwork preferred.
- Experience with analysis of large scale PK/PD, genomic, and proteomic data sets.
- Experience in modeling methods particularly in their application to Pharmaceutical R&D.
- Experience interpreting biological statistics and translating them to clear relationships of clinical outcomes for clinical and business stakeholders.
- Knowledge of molecular biology, understanding of disease pathways, and bioanalytical assays.
- Strong problem-solving and collaboration skills, and rigorous and creative thinking.
- Strong verbal, writing, and presentation skills.
- Ability to succeed and thrive in a rapid paced and cross-functional team environment.
- Experience programming in Python or R, Tableau or Spotfire is desirable.
The base salary range for candidates residing in California for this position is $147,000 - USD to $160,000 USD annually. This salary range is an estimate of what we reasonably expect to pay for this posted position, and the actual salary may vary based on various factors, including without limitation individual education, relevant experience, tenure, skills and abilities, geographic location, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data. This position is also eligible for bonus, benefits, and participation in Company’s stock option plan
Kyverna is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Kyverna is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identify, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other legally protected status. EOE/AA/Vets