Data Scientist II, FinTechFull time
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Data Scientist to join our FinTech - Data Science team and make significant contributions to our mission to streamline and optimize Uber’s financial infrastructure and processes. In this position, you will get an amazing opportunity to leverage advanced analytics to play a critical role in implementing/building a wide array of financial systems, generating actionable insights from data and improving financial reporting processes. You will work closely with senior leaders in Product, Data Science, Engineering, Compliance and Operations on fast moving, high-stakes problems. A deep analytical passion and the ability to execute on key business priorities is a must for this role. Your performance is measured by the insights you give, effectiveness of communication, and the initiative to drive ideas and implement them into action.
- M.S. or Bachelors degree in Math, Economics, Bioinformatics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or other quantitative fields. (If M.S. degree, a minimum of 1+ years of industry experience required and if Bachelor’s degree, a minimum of 2+ years of industry experience as a Data Scientist or equivalent)
- Advanced SQL expertise
- Basic understanding of statistical methods
- Ability and experience in extracting insights from data, and summarizing learnings / takeaways
- Experience with Excel and some dashboarding/data visualization (i.e. Tableau, Mixpanel, Looker, or similar)
- Experience with either Python or R for data analysis
- Experience developing ML models
- Demonstrated aptitude toward Data Storytelling and Root Cause Analysis using data
- Ability to learn and adapt new methods for data collection and analysis
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining quality and detail
- Prior experience within the finance or related industries is a plus
What you’ll do
You will shape the direction of Uber’s financial platforms by doing the following:
- Work with finance, engineering, product, data science, accounting, compliance and other business stakeholders in mining and analyzing financial data to extract key trends and insights.
- Build effective visualizations to communicate data to key decision-makers.
- Build models to detect anomalies and resolve financial imbalances; investigate and resolve data discrepancies between systems.
- Understand critical interdependencies across functions and divisions, and grasp the short and long-term trade-offs of business decisions.
- Build end to end data pipelines and self serving dashboards. Automate whatever you can!
- Communicate your findings to cross-functional peers and management.
- Get a deep understanding about the FinTech systems and data flows involved; document and train internal personnel to institutionalize the learnings of the data science practice.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
*Accommodations may be available based on religious and/or medical conditions, or as required by applicable law. To request an accommodation, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.