We are looking for a curious, creative, and business oriented Data Scientist, to work within our BTS US Commercial Patient Services organization to provide technical expertise in Advanced/Predictive/Prescriptive Analytics. Key responsibility will be to help execute Data Science projects for the highly visible Data Quality Management (DQM) and Data Governance initiatives. For this role, you should be highly analytical with a love and high affinity for analysis, math, and statistics. A strong candidate for this position should not only be skillful in quantitative methodologies and programming, but also have a keen business acumen. One should have a passion for analysis, data exploration, machine-learning, and out of the box thinking. Utilization of related technical skills and methodologies and strive to remain abreast of leading-edge data science technologies.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Serve as a key team member on the Data Science arm of the BTS HCP Data Analytics team, working in close partnership with the Commercial Data Management (CDM) and ML Ops teams, and becoming a trusted partner to business leadership, ensuring data and key deliverables reflect advanced data science best practices.
- Define and implement data science architectural framework and operating model for predictive and prescriptive analytics.
- Develop innovative predictive models that are reliable, scalable, and modular and drive business relevant outcomes.
- Maintain, optimize, scale, and operationalize existing machine learning models in concert with key partners such as the CDM team, BTS, and external vendors/partners.
- Improve existing AI/ML techniques by promoting new methodology and best practices from the industry.
- Provide technical leadership in feasibility study of data science use cases to business functions and work with developers across teams to design, build and implement data science solutions and capabilities.
- Proactively identify new data science approaches that would improve our ability to answer commercial business questions by closely collaborating with key stakeholders to transform business questions to algorithms and further support the business needs.
- Work with stakeholders to define business questions, requirements, timelines, objectives, and success criteria for data science initiatives.
- Stay up to date with the latest trends and technologies in time series forecasting and data engineering to drive innovation and continuous improvement.
- Ensure project activities are conducted on time, accurately, within budget, and in accordance with financial and ethical compliance guidelines.
Tools and skills you will use in this role:
- Familiarity with data visualization tools such as Qlik, Power BI and technologies like AWS S3, EMR, EKS.
- Analytical reasoning abilities, intellectual curiosity, strong business acumen, and creativity in problem solving.
- Ability to interact effectively with/present to (verbally and in writing) all levels of the organization.
- Ability to be agile & nimble to changing business conditions, strong collaboration, and teamwork across functional groups to contribute to a productive work culture. Lead strategically and create trust and respect within the department.
Experiences that make you a strong candidate for this role:
- Bachelor’s Degree equivalent education and typically 5 years of experience, Master’s Degree or equivalent education and typically 4 years of experience. Background in life sciences or work experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Experience in data management, business analysis, and developing analytical models using statistical, machine learning, and data mining methodologies to drive business impact.
- Experience with machine learning algorithms for data science, e.g., Linear and Logistics Regression, Decision Tree, Random Forest, Neural Networks, etc.
- Experience in relevant languages and databases (Python, SQL, Snowflake, Snowpark etc.) for data manipulation, data storage and automation tasks.
- Experience with advanced analytics platforms such as Dataiku.
If you believe you’re a great fit for this job but don’t have all of the experiences listed above, we encourage you to apply anyway!
Why Business Technology Solutions
For anyone who wants to use technology and data to make a difference in people’s lives, shape the digital transformation
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)