Data Scientist, ExperimentationFull time
We’re idealists. Inventors. Forever tinkering with products and processes, always on the lookout for better. Whether you work at our global offices, offsite, or even at home, a job at Apple will be demanding. But it also rewards forward-thinking, creative thinking and hard work. And none of us here would have it any other way. Does an exciting, dynamic, fast paced and pressure-filled environment catch your attention? Do you like puzzles and determining solutions that are not obvious? Terrific! Consider joining us. We are looking for an individual who will focus on experimentation and exploratory analysis, development of innovative components to improve product experience of users, specifically in the areas of feature usage behavior and conversion optimization.
- Applied Statistics with experimentation and/or hyper parameter optimization
- Strong data mining skills with SQL, experience with Scala, Spark SQL is a plus
- Strong in Python or R, knowledge of Java, C++ or other programming languages is a plus
- Product understanding, experience with product analytics is a plus
- Communication skills to package results and analysis
- Ability to structure and solve problems
- A/B Testing and understanding of design of experiments
- Statistical modeling, Machine Learning is a plus
- 3 years of experience preferably in a consumer technology company
- Work on initiatives to improve user experience and drive growth
- Parter closely with engineering, product and machine learning teams. Work falls broadly into three areas
- Experimentation: Improve quality of experimentation, related infrastructure, statistical techniques and process based on first principles.
- Optimization: hyper parameter optimization, exploratory and ad-hoc analysis to improve customer experience
- Advisory: Cut through the noise in data, identify key findings and distill recommendations for engineering, product and business owners
Education & Experience
Masters or PhD in fields of Statistics, Data Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics or related fields
Pay & Benefits
At Apple, base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role. The base pay range for this role is between $132,300 and $241,500, and your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
Apple employees also have the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder through participation in Apple’s discretionary employee stock programs. Apple employees are eligible for discretionary restricted stock unit awards, and can purchase Apple stock at a discount if voluntarily participating in Apple’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You’ll also receive benefits including: Comprehensive medical and dental coverage, retirement benefits, a range of discounted products and free services, and for formal education related to advancing your career at Apple, reimbursement for certain educational expenses — including tuition. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Learn more about Apple Benefits.
Note: Apple benefit, compensation and employee stock programs are subject to eligibility requirements and other terms of the applicable plan or program.