Data Scientist - Cross Border SolutionsFull time
Do you want to develop your professional career in a large international company? Are you interested in big opportunities? DHL Cross-Border Solutions has great opportunities to start or further develop your career! Join us in an international and multicultural environment with a hybrid work system, flexibility, and plenty of development opportunities.
DHL Cross-Border Solutions is part of DHL eCommerce Solutions, the newest member of the DPDHL family. Our mission is to become a European leader in cross-border parcel delivery by developing customized shipping solutions for international eCommerce customers.
In this context, we are looking for a Data Scientist (M/F/X) to implement projects into our business processes, using data cleansing, statistical/ mathematical models, and interpreting the data model in line with overall business objectives and needs, group guidelines, and policies to develop data-driven optimization within our business unit.
- You will be responsible for implementing data scientist plans for business processes and for driving analytical use cases, working closely with our IT platform development.
- Develop output reports to support project activities such as forecasting parcel volumes and financial and commercial forecasting.
- Create a parcel delay forecast by using data modeling and machine-learning methods.
- Liaise with the other business units and IT to identify data-driven optimization potentials and implement them via statistical modeling, data mining, and deep-learning methods.
- Understand and analyze Machine Learning techniques to solve business challenges and/or generate actionable business insights.
- Deliver on high-complexity projects that involve collaboration with a number of international stakeholders across Europe.
- Establish strong relations with and report to the country managing directors and the central Senior Management Team.
- Higher education in mathematics, computer/data science, statistics or business, and logistics with a focus on analytics or relevant work experience.
- Multiple years of experience in BI, Data Science, and data analytics-related projects and hands-on experience with Reporting, dashboard development, and modeling.
- Experience with Power BI or other relevant Data Analysis tools and open-source programming languages Python, R or similar and SQL.
- First experience in developing Machine Learning Models and willing to work with Big Data is a plus.
- Flexible and able to work on several projects at the same time while setting the right priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- Fluent English is a must, German or any other European language is a plus.