Data Scientist - Core ServicesFull time
About the Role
We’re looking for a data scientist to join our Core Services Data Science team to provide data expertise as we work to make this world a safer place to move around. This will be a highly cross-functionally role that will work closely with operations, engineering, product management, and partner data teams. You will build out and own operations metrics, provide key insights, conduct deep dive analysis to understand new opportunities and present findings, and work with partners on coming up with new policy and product solutions while measuring impact. You will play an influential role in helping drive critical product and policy decisions.
What You’ll Do
- Refine ambiguous questions and generate new hypotheses about the product and business through a deep understanding of the data, our customers, and our business
- Define how we measure success, by developing Key Performance Indicators and other user/business metrics, in close partnership with Product and other subject areas such as engineering, operations and marketing
- Collaborate with data scientists and engineers to build and improve on the availability, integrity, accuracy, and reliability of data logging and data pipelines
- Develop data-driven business insights and work with cross-functional partners to find opportunities and recommend prioritization of product, growth, and optimization initiatives
- Design experiments and interpret the results to draw detailed and impactful conclusions
- 3+ years proven experience in product analytics or ontological data modeling
- M.S. or Bachelors degree in Math, Economics, Bioinformatics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or other quantitative fields.
- Advanced SQL and Python expertise
- Basic understanding of experimental design (such as A/B experiments) and statistical methods
- Ability and experience in extracting insights from data, and summarizing learnings / takeaways
- Experience with Excel and some dashboarding/data visualization (i.e. Tableau, Mixpanel, Looker, or similar)
- Excellent judgment, critical-thinking, and decision-making skills.
- Strong storytelling: distill interesting and hard-to-find insights into a compelling, concise data story
- Ability to communicate effectively and handle relationships with partners coming from both technical and non-technical backgrounds
- Advanced experience with experimental design and statistical methods such as causal Inference.
- Ability to tackle complex business problems that cross multiple product/project areas and teams
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
*Accommodations may be available based on religious and/or medical conditions, or as required by applicable law. To request an accommodation, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.