Ready for a career that combines global collaboration, continuous learning, and positive impact? At Colgate, we offer you the chance to be a part of something bigger than just a job!
Our iconic brands, sustainability commitment, and innovative culture set the stage for an inspiring workplace. We value creativity, experimentation, and authenticity, driving our enduring success and building a future to smile about for our employees, consumers, and communities.
As a Data Scientist on our Advanced Analytics team, you’ll shape Colgate’s future by developing powerful data products, implementing machine learning models, and optimizing our data science architecture. Join our collaborative team of innovators and technologists. Your role? Lead advanced analytics projects for our Global Supply Chain, using your discernment and technical skills to generate insights that drive business decisions.
Unlock a career that leaves you smiling every day at Colgate!
What you’ll do
- Partner with the business to identify problems that analytics can help solve
- Assess project feasibility and business impact to prioritize projects
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes
- Use data mining techniques when needed
- Implement statistical models (e.g. regression, clustering)
- Implement machine learning and deep learning models
- Test and validate model accuracy/error
- Deploy machine learning models into production and manage their performance
- Lead the full lifecycle of models and maintenance
- Work collaboratively across roles to ensure that solutions add new value
- Implement optimization algorithms
- Use libraries in programming languages to build data visualizations
- Stay current on new technologies and drive technical excellence
- Follows all policies and standards
- Bachelor’s Degree Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field
- 3+ years of experience as a Data Scientist or in a Operations Research role
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, etc.
- Experience developing complex machine learning and/or statistical models
- Experience with Data Visualization tools like Google Data Studio, Tableau, or DOMO
- Experience with cloud environments (Snowflake, Google Cloud Platform) and SAP
- Understanding of data architecture and data engineering
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases and SQL proficiency
- Strong analytic skills related to working with both structured and unstructured datasets
- A self-starter, able to prioritize and manage multiple assignments and proactively communicate and work around obstacles
- A problem-solver who enjoys experimentation to drive innovation
- A collaborative person able to work independently and part of a team, with a clear dedication to delivering business results in a timely manner
- Master’s Degree Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field
- Experience with ML Ops platforms such as Google Cloud Vertex AI or AWS Sagemaker
- Functional Supply Chain knowledge
- Experience of a Global FMCG environment
- Proven understanding of simulation and optimization techniques
Salary Range $112,000 - $164,850 USD
Pay is based on several non discriminatory factors including but not limited to experience, education, skills and office location. In addition to your salary, Colgate-Palmolive offers a performance based bonus and competitive benefits package.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.