Would you like to be part of an industry-leading CPG analytics organization? Ibotta is seeking a Data Scientist, Client Analytics to join our innovative team and contribute to our mission to Make Every Purchase Rewarding. Ibotta captures billions of purchases annually, with over ten thousand brands and across hundreds of retailers, presenting the right candidate with the opportunity to work with one of the most comprehensive and unique (purchasing) data sets in the world, and making Ibotta a place where individuals at all levels can learn and grow their careers.
As a Data Scientist, you’ll have the unique, challenging, and rewarding opportunity to build the foundation of data and data science within the company. You’ll be able to create and own greenfield opportunities to make big positive impacts on the business across the Revenue organization. You’ll have the chance to own the data science technology of one or more important business domains, from collaborating with stakeholders, through the full model development lifecycle. You’ll be able to advance not only your technical skills, but your organizational and leadership skills as well, by contributing to the creation of best practices for the team and company, and learning from the more senior scientists and managers on the team.
This position is located in Denver, Colorado as a hybrid position requiring 3 days in office. The specified high value hybrid days are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Candidates must live in the United States.
What you will be doing:
- Provide subject matter expertise and ownership of one or more of the company’s core business domains
- Contribute to creating best practices for the team
- Initiate and drive collaboration with stakeholders, architects, and data engineers to discover, define, cleanse, and refine the data needed for analysis and modeling
- Analyze large and novel datasets to extract actionable insights to inform model development and understand consumer behavior
- Provide customized views of large and complex datasets to support data analysis and business decision-making
- Inform experimental design to formulate solutions addressing major business challenges and innovation opportunities
- Build models using a variety of statistical and machine learning techniques, from selecting the best type of model for the problem to using techniques to measure and optimize model performance
- Harden data pipelines and models for production deployment and monitoring of performance over time
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values of Integrity, Boldness, Ownership, Teamwork, Transparency, & Advocate for Savers to help Make Every Purchase Rewarding
What we are looking for:
- 3+ years of progressive experience in a professional data science, machine learning, statistics, or analytics role
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Data Science or similar field required; Advanced degree strongly preferred
- Experience with data analysis tools (e.g., Databricks, SQL Python/R, Spark, Hive, Airflow, Git/GitHub etc.), data pipelines and ETL/ELT processes
- Broad foundational skills in developing and applying a variety of machine learning and statistical algorithms, with hands-on experience in several areas of measurement and/or modeling techniques
- Demonstrated experience working on all stages of a data science project: scoping and gathering requirements, wrangling and cleaning complex datasets, developing and evaluating alternative technical solutions, productionalize models, and communicating value and insights to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Exposure to release processes (automated testing and code reviews) and prototyping, building, releasing, and monitoring mission-critical models in high traffic applications a big plus
- Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal form, including development of data summaries, visualizations and other storytelling methods
- Self-motivated, proactive, and able to work effectively both independently and collaboratively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Solid analytical ability, intellectual curiosity, conceptual thinking, and creative problem-solving skills with a drive to go beyond the symptoms of a problem to diagnose root causes
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the proven ability to collaborate across functional areas, demonstrate empathy and manage stakeholder expectations and drive projects to completion with senior-level guidance and support
Built and headquartered in Denver, Colo., Ibotta (“I bought a…") is a performance marketing platform that allows brands to deliver digital promotions to millions of consumers through a network of publishers called the Ibotta Performance Network (IPN). Ibotta’s network allows marketers to influence what people buy, and where and how often they shop – all while paying only when their campaigns directly result in a sale.
Guided by our values and our mission to Make Every Purchase Rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we build, the innovative people we work (and have fun) with, and the consumers we get to help. To date, we have credited consumers $1.5B.
Ibotta was named to the 2021 Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the fourth year in a row, after debuting on the list in 2018. The company has also been named as a Top Workplace by The Denver Post four consecutive times, made BuiltIn Colorado’s Best Places to Work list three years in a row and appeared on Inc.’s list of Best Workplaces in 2017 and 2023.
To learn more about what our Tech teams are doing day to day, visit Building Ibotta on Medium.com.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, flexible time off, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), Lifestyle Spending Account, 401k match, and equity. Denver office perks include paid parking, bagel Thursdays, snacks and occasional meals.
- Base compensation range: $90,000 - $120,000. This compensation range is specific to the United States labor market and may be adjusted based on actual experience.
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.