As a data scientist, you’re excited at the prospect of unlocking the secrets held by a data set, and you’re fascinated by the possibilities presented by IoT, machine learning, and artificial intelligence. In an increasingly connected world, massive amounts of structured and unstructured data open new opportunities. As a data scientist at Booz Allen, you can help turn these complex data sets into useful information to solve global challenges. Across private and public sectors from fraud detection to cancer research, to national intelligence, we need you to help find the answers in the data.
On our team, you’ll use your leadership skills and data science expertise to create real-world impact. You’ll work closely with clients to understand their questions and needs, and then dig into their data-rich environments to find the pieces of their information puzzle. You’ll guide teammates and lead the development of algorithms and systems. You’ll use the right combination of tools and frameworks to turn sets of disparate data points into objective answers to advise your clients as they make informed decisions. Ultimately, you’ll provide a deep understanding of the data, what it all means, and how it can be used.
Work with us as we use data science for good.
Join us. The world can’t wait.
- 4+ years of experience working within data science, machine learning engineering, or data research in a professional or academic environment
- 3+ years of experience with programming, including machine learning frameworks such as SciKitLearn, TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, Caffe, Python, or MXNET
- Experience with machine learning, including linear, reinforcement learning, tree based, or deep learning-based methods and regularization approaches
- Experience with programming in Python
- Experience with the full life cycle of machine learning development and deployment, including gathering requirements, identifying data, preparing data, and building, validating, and using deployable predictive models with the usage having tangible results
- Experience with client engagements, client-facing project work, and business development
- Ability to apply a strong mathematical foundation to model development and data analysis
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in Applied Mathematics, Statistics, or Data Science
Nice If You Have:
- Experience developing software architectures with containerization tools, including Docker and Kubernetes
- Knowledge of AWS, Azure, and GCP
- Ability to work in a Linux environment with bash scripting
- Master’s degree in CS or Data Science
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Create Your Career:
Grow With Us
Your growth matters to us—that’s why we offer a variety of ways for you to develop your career. With professional and leadership development opportunities like upskilling programs, tuition reimbursement, mentoring, and firm-sponsored networking, you can chart a unique and fulfilling career path on your own terms.
A Place Where You Belong
Diverse perspectives cultivate collective ingenuity. Booz Allen’s culture of respect, equity, and opportunity means that, here, you are free to bring your whole self to work. With an array of business resource groups and other opportunities for connection, you’ll develop your community in no time.
Support Your Well-Being
Our comprehensive benefits package includes wellness programs with HSA contributions, paid holidays, paid parental leave, a generous 401(k) match, and more. With these benefits, plus the option for flexible schedules and remote and hybrid locations, we’ll support you as you pursue a balanced, fulfilling life—at work and at home.
Your Candidate Journey
At Booz Allen, we know our people are what propel us forward, and we value relationships most of all. Here, we’ve compiled a list of resources so you’ll know what to expect as we forge a connection with you during your journey as a candidate with us.
At Booz Allen, we celebrate your contributions, provide you with opportunities and choices, and support your total well-being. Our offerings include health, life, disability, financial, and retirement benefits, as well as paid leave, professional development, tuition assistance, work-life programs, and dependent care. Our recognition awards program acknowledges employees for exceptional performance and superior demonstration of our values. Full-time and part-time employees working at least 20 hours a week on a regular basis are eligible to participate in Booz Allen’s benefit programs. Individuals that do not meet the threshold are only eligible for select offerings, not inclusive of health benefits. We encourage you to learn more about our total benefits by visiting the Resource page on our Careers site and reviewing Our Employee Benefits page.
Salary at Booz Allen is determined by various factors, including but not limited to location, the individual’s particular combination of education, knowledge, skills, competencies, and experience, as well as contract-specific affordability and organizational requirements. The projected compensation range for this position is $93,300.00 to $212,000.00 (annualized USD). The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position and is just one component of Booz Allen’s total compensation package for employees.
Our people-first culture prioritizes the benefits of flexibility and collaboration, whether that happens in person or remotely.
If this position is listed as remote or hybrid, you’ll periodically work from a Booz Allen or client site facility. If this position is listed as onsite, you’ll work with colleagues and clients in person, as needed for the specific role.
We’re an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that empowers our people to fearlessly drive change – no matter their race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law.