As the Data Scientist, you’ll be exposed and contribute to the development and application of innovative technologies such as machine learning, artificial intelligence, and advanced data analytics. Our work depends on a Data Engineer joining our team to support our intelligence customer in Springfield, VA or St. Louis, MO. This position supports the Geospatial IC to provide high-quality, cost-effective solutions to the customer. The Data Scientist’s expertise is needed to support a sophisticated enterprise environment. The Scientist is an active participant in SAFe and Scrum development teams and meetings.
What you will be working on:
- Identify data sources and automate collection processes
- Perform preprocessing of structured and unstructured data
- Analyze large, complex data sets to identify trends and patterns
- Build predictive models and machine learning algorithms
- Combine models through ensemble modeling
- Present information using data visualization techniques
- Propose solutions and strategies to address Key Intelligence Questions
- Collaborate with engineering and product development teams
What you will bring to us:
- 2+ years of experience as a Data Scientist, Data Engineer, ML Engineer, or Data Analysts and Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Programming, Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience
- 3+ years of experience in a Linux environment
- Direct experience and demonstrated proficiency with Python programming to build containerized microservices that use message queues such as activemq or rabbitmq.
- Experienced in ML Model performance testing and hyperparameter tuning (Tensorboard, wandb, mlflow)
- Experience training ML models with GPU acceleration in a containerized environment using common AI frameworks such as Tensorflow or Torch.
- Experience with workload managers (SLURM, Argo Workflow, Airflow)
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must possess excellent time management skills and the drive to work unsupervised
- Active TS/SCI clearance required and eligibility to obtain a CI poly
Would be nice if you bring the following:
- Prior experience working with or within the Intelligence Community or a military intelligence unit
- Understanding of access management and security groups (i.e. IAM, S3 bucket, SSH, VPN, etc.)
- Computer vision related experience with torchvision or tensorflow object detection APIs.
- Additional languages on top of Python preferred (C++, Julia, Go, R)
- Familiarity with Cloud Platform AI-ML toolsets (e.g. AWS Sagemaker, GCP Vertex)
- Experience building data pipelines with spark, kafka, or nifi
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled. Individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans or veterans with service-connected disabilities, are encouraged to apply. If you need assistance applying outside of the online application, please contact email@example.com for more information.
This Organization Participates in E-Verify
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.
Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9. E-Verify Works for Everyone For more information on E-Verify, or if you believe that your employer has violated its E-Verify responsibilities, please contact DHS.