Data ScientistFull time
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients. Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare. Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work. Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Your role at Baxter
We are an innovative healthcare company looking for a highly skilled and passionate Data Scientist. We are dedicated to using data science and machine learning to revolutionize healthcare. As the Consultant, Data Science, you should demonstrate excellence in domains such as Natural Language Processing, Time Series Forecasting, Clustering, Generative AI (Artificial Intelligence).
We are at the forefront of medical technology innovation, deeply committed to enhancing patient care through our devices. We provide a stimulating and supportive work environment that encourages professional growth. We offer competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and opportunities to make contributions in a highly regulated and impactful industry.
What you’ll be doing
- Brainstorming on User Requirements: Collaborate with multi-functional teams to bring together and translate user requirements into data-driven solutions.
- Hypothesis Design: Formulate hypotheses for data-driven innovation in healthcare.
- Experiment Design and Run: Develop, implement, and analyze experiments to test your hypotheses and improve models.
- Statistical Analysis and Modeling: Apply statistical and machine learning techniques to identify patterns, trends, and relationships in the data. Develop predictive and prescriptive models that drive innovation
- Machine Learning and Deep Learning: Apply machine learning and deep learning techniques for diverse healthcare applications.
- Supervised, Unsupervised, and Reinforcement Learning: Implement learning algorithms as appropriate for different tasks.
- Feature Engineering: Extract relevant features from raw data to perform feature engineering to enhance model performance and robustness.
- Data Analysis and Visualization: Collect, clean and preprocess raw data from diverse sources, ensuring data quality and integrity. Use statistical tools for data analysis and create visualization to communicate analytical results to technical and non-technical team members.
- Natural Language Processing: Apply NLP techniques to extract insights from unstructured healthcare data.
- Time Series Forecasting: Develop predictive models for healthcare outcomes based on historical data.
- Clustering and Generative AI: Use clustering for data segmentation and generative AI for creative problem-solving.
- Cloud Computing and AWS: Use cloud platforms like AWS for scalable data storage, model training, and deployment.
- Regulatory Compliance: Ensure compliance with healthcare industry regulations and legal requirements.
- Continued Learning: Demonstrate a passion for ongoing learning and keeping up to date with industry trends and technologies.
What you’ll bring
- Extensive experience in areas like Natural Language Processing, Time Series Forecasting, Clustering, Generative AI (ChatGPT3.5/4.0, LLAMA2, HuggingFace)
- Proficiency in Python and deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, or Keras.
- Previous experience in the healthcare sector and understanding of its regulatory environment.
- Proficient in data analysis, visualization, Cloud Computing, particularly AWS.
- Expertise in UI/UX for rapid prototyping, with proficiency in tools like Streamlit and Gradio,.
- Familiarity with privacy and security standards in healthcare is a plus.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience working with business leadership in creating measured value of IT investment
- 3+ years of experience in commercial technologies supporting capabilities such as marketing enablement, sales enablement, contracting, customer experience, etc.
- 3+ years of experience in life sciences.
- 2+ years of experience in building cases (costs, benefits, assumptions).
- Certified Business Relationship Manager (CBRM®) accreditation conducive.
- Prior experience working in a highly matrixed, large organization preferred.
We understand compensation is an important factor as you consider the next step in your career. At Baxter, we are committed to equitable pay for all employees, and we strive to be more transparent with our pay practices. The estimated base salary for this position is $80,000 to $180,000 annually. The estimated range is meant to reflect an anticipated salary range for the position. We may pay more or less than of the anticipated range based upon market data and other factors, all of which are subject to change. Individual pay is based on upon location, skills and expertise, experience, and other relevant factors.This position may also be eligible for discretionary bonuses. For questions about this, our pay philosophy, and available benefits, please speak to the recruiter if you decide to apply and are selected for an interview.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.