Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish.
The people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it!
As a part of the AppleCare Support organization, you will drive outstanding customer support experiences while also identifying cost-saving measures and operational improvements. We are looking for a dedicated and curious Data Scientist who is passionate about using their technical and statistical knowledge to help the business make more informed decisions that make a measurable impact on Apple customers. We combine Business Analysts and Data Scientists to integrate business knowledge, predictive modeling, and statistical analysis of vast quantities of data to identify root cause issues and inform strategic direction and suggest opportunities for improvement.
- 3+ years hands-on experience in developing and deploying data science techniques to solve real business problems.
- Demonstrated experience in managing data science related projects through all phases, including research, data discovery and quality, data modeling and deployment and presentation of results and deliverables.
- Strong programming skills in SQL Snowflake, Python or R, JMP or SAS, or similar.
- Practical experience with and theoretical understanding of ML algorithms for classification, regression, clustering, and anomaly detection.
- Demonstrated ability to come up with solutions to loosely defined business problems by using pattern detection against large datasets.
- Ability to extract significant business insights from data and identify the root causes behind the patterns.
- Have strong writing, visualization and interpersonal skills with ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, detailed, and actionable manner to senior executives.
- Experience with Tableau or other visualization tool.
You will work with large, complex data sets to solve difficult problems by applying advanced analytical methods to improve business performance and deliver better customer experience within our global contact center support business. Leverage your analytical insights by efficiently communicating your insight to senior management by distilling complex analysis and concepts into concise business-focused takeaways. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify new opportunities and develop new metrics, while building strong working relationships through active listening, delivering promised results, and establishing trust. Research new technologies and methods across data science and data engineering to improve the technical capabilities of the team.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree, in mathematics, statistics, computer science or related field or equivalent experience.