The IS Data Scientist will serve as a data strategist to identify and integrate new datasets that can be leveraged through our product capabilities, and work closely with the engineering team in the development of data products. Responsible in driving business results through data-based insights by leveraging variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. As part of a team of specialists, the data scientist will “slice and dice” data using various methods and create new visions for the future.
The annual salary range for this position is $150,000 - $157,470, with an annual discretionary incentive opportunity targeting up to 20% of salary.
Named one of the 50 best non-profits to work for by the Non-Profit Times, our employees enjoy rewarding careers in a fast-paced, results-driven environment. We offer a competitive compensation package, including incentives. Eligible employees also participate in a comprehensive benefits program that includes medical, dental, orthodontia, vision coverage, student loan repayment, 403(b) retirement plan with substantial company match, discounted pet insurance, and generous paid-time-off benefits.
- Execute analytical experiments to help solve problems across various domains and divisions.
- Identify relevant data sources and sets to mine for business needs, collect large structured and unstructured datasets and variables. Clean and transform data to eliminate irrelevant, incomplete, or inaccurate information.
- Analyze raw data to identify patterns, trends, and insights. Develop statistical and predictive models to run against the data sets. Correlate similar data to find actionable results.
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes as well as to make predictions or automate decision-making.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes, analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- Create data-driven products and features that can be incorporated into business processes and workflows.
- Communicate findings and insights to stakeholders, providing recommendations on business strategies, and aiding in data-driven decision-making by creating data visualizations, dashboards and reports.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including engineering, IT, and business units, to understand needs and devise possible solutions.
- Ensure data quality and integrity. Uphold privacy and data protection standards, considering ethical implications of data usage.
- Stay updated with the latest technology trends, learning about new tools and technologies, and developing new skills. Research new techniques and best practices within the field of data science.
- Demonstrates regular, reliable, and predictable job attendance.
- Attends on-site and in-person meetings and training sessions.
Education & Experience: Master’s, PHD, or Bachelor’s Degree required in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field; and 7 or more years of professional experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models, Proficiency with data mining, mathematics, and statistical analysis. Advanced experience in pattern recognition and predictive modeling; or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Communications Abilities: (Verbal) Expresses oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others; tailors speech to the level and experience of the audience; uses appropriate grammar and choice of words; expresses ideas in a concise, organized manner; maintains eye contact when speaking with others; (Written) Expresses oneself clearly and concisely in writing; tailors written communications to effectively reach an audience; uses graphics and other aids to clarify complex or technical information; spells correctly; writes using concrete, specific language; uses punctuation correctly; writes grammatically.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs; ability to understand and interpret statistical reports, data charts and graphs.
The American Arbitration Association is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and considers all employees and applicants for positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.