We are a growing centralized team helping HP take advantage of new AI/ML technology, especially around Generative AI and large language models. We engage with business units to advise and prototype solutions, and we develop and run software applications for internal use.
As a Data Scientist with a focus on Generative AI you will work on multiple engagements across HP involving large language models and other new Generative AI capabilities. Beyond our team, you will work with business stakeholders and developers from other business units. Your primary focus and mindset is to help deliver business solutions to our customers. You keep up to date by reading academic papers, although this is not an academia-style research role.
Skills and Profile
- Solid knowledge of data science core skills.
- Some experience with NLP, Large Language Models, LLM prompt engineering, vector databases, Retrieval Augmented Generation (RAG), and search engines.
- Good computer science skills. Prior software development roles is a plus.
- Experience with business applications (sales, marketing, support, etc).
- Tools you may use include python, langchain, streamlit, docker, git, and elastic search, as well as various Azure services.
- Experience from a large organization.
- Ability to independently drive a project working with business stakeholders, considering the success of the final product.
- You enjoy explaining technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- You propose pragmatic solutions that are as simple as possible, which sometimes means that no AI component is necessary.
- The recent AI progress is disruptive, and our team is in the midst of it. As a consequence, day-to-day priorities, tasks, and team structure may change rapidly. We are looking for somebody who thrives in such an environment. The role is not a fit if you value “business as usual”.
- Mastery in English is required.
Education and Length of Experience
For this position, you at least a relevant Master’s degree (e.g. Computer Science) or demonstrated competence and a minimum of 6-8 years experience. Ph.D. is a plus.
You’re out to reimagine and reinvent what’s possible—in your career as well as the world around you. So are we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo, and creating what’s next. We’re in search of talented people who are inspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion - it’s just who we are. From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone is respected and where people can be themselves, while being a part of something bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you can belong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day. When you do that, you’re more innovative and that helps grow our bottom line. Come to HP and thrive!