Working at Atlassian
Atlassians have flexibility in where they work – whether in an office, from home, or a combination of the two. That way, Atlassians have more control over supporting their family, personal goals, and other priorities. We can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
With a sufficient timezone overlap with the team, we’re able to hire eligible candidates for this role from any location in Australia and New Zealand. If this sparks your interest, apply today and chat with our friendly Recruitment team further.
Atlassian helps teams everywhere change the world, and our software is used by more than half of the Fortune 100 companies, connecting people with content and co-workers they need to get their jobs done, faster. Our products are revolutionizing the software industry and helping teams
collaborate and craft the magic that delivers their best work. Think NASA launching the Rover on Mars or Cochlear gifting those born deaf with the ability to hear, your work directly impacts the products they use to advance humanity!
Do you have a passion for crafting products and insights with data and do you love finding the next big ‘aha’ which changes the way a business thinks about its customers? Would you like to drive real change with global impact at the HQ of the world’s hottest SaaS company?
We’re looking for an Analytics & Data Science leader Manager with strong business instincts, management experience, creativity, and analytics mastery. Someone who is passionate about applying these skills to lead multiple analytics teams, drive smarter product decisions, and ultimately delight our customers.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Collaborate with Atlassian’s product leaders to provide data-driven viewpoints on strategic decisions, identify high impact opportunities for analysis and align priorities with the company strategy and product roadmap.
- Lead a team of data scientists and plan insight and measurement roadmaps by collaborating with product partners, customer research, data engineers, and other analysts
- Design targeted explorations of our seriously big data, in order to understand trends, find opportunities, and make recommendations to improve user journeys and customer value
- Be part of building an outstanding analytics culture at Atlassian. Leading by example, through education and creation of self-service tools, to make a lasting change in how your partners use data to make decisions
On your first day, we’ll expect you to have:
- 7+ years of experience in analytics or closely related fields, and has led or mentored other data scientists.
- Extensive proven experience applying your analytics to initiatives that have had a positive impact on company level business and product decisions
- An agile development mentality, appreciating the benefit of constant iteration and improvement
- A very high bar for output quality; with experience coaching teams to balance rigor, perfection, and speed
- Strong ability to influence; craft compelling insights, explain data science concepts to diverse audiences and build decision confidence by sharing the expertise of facts and uncertainties
- Familiarity with partnering with multiple business functions. For example Product Management, Engineering, Design, Finance, Customer Research, and Data Engineering teams
- Extensive previous experience in data manipulation and statistical programming languages (e.g. SQL, R, Python), and knowledge of cloud data environments (e.g. AWS)
- Experience in A/B experimentation
- A degree in a quantitative field (e.g. statistics, mathematics, physics, econometrics, or computer science)
It’s a bonus, but not required if you have:
- An understanding of the SaaS business model and metrics
- Previously worked in global teams and high growth companies
- Are an active member of the broader analytics and data science community
More about our team
Product and Customer Analytics at Atlassian is an exciting, high growth and evolving space. At our core, we drive value for both our customers and the business by understanding how and why our customers use and love our products. We are a collaborative team of high achievers. We love to explore, challenge, and have a lot of fun along the way.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian.
From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone’s perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Atlassian is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to all individuals participating in the application and interview process, and while performing job functions. Please note that you will have the opportunity to request accommodations at each stage of the assessment process. To request accommodations before scheduling an interview, please reach out to email@example.com and someone will follow up shortly
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.