Job Description And Responsibilities
We are seeking a passionate and ambitious Senior Data Scientist to partner with Visa Consulting & Analytics and co-develop data-driven solutions to help Visa’s clients grow their businesses.
What we expect of you, day to day
Develop a deep understanding of Visa’s data assets and how they can be used to enhance client profitability across acquisition, usage, and retention Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to understand business requirements and desired outcomes, leading to the definition of a detailed analytical plan Execute on the analytical plan with appropriate statistical techniques, creating powerful, business-centric insights from data through better visualisation and storyboarding Provide subject matter expertise and quality assurance of complex Data Science projects Identify trends in our client work to inform Visa’s data product development path
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
You must have:
- Strong statistical knowledge and mid-level experience in applying statistical solutions to real-world business problems
- Understanding of the steps required in cleaning and transforming datasets
- Solid SQL and Python programming skills, including working knowledge of data manipulation and machine learning libraries such as pandas and sklearn
- Ability to communicate and engage with non-technical stakeholders
You might have:
- An advanced degree (or equivalent experience) in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or other quantitative discipline
- Experience in payments, banking, or a consulting-like environment
- Commercial experience with Big Data systems such as Hadoop and Spark, end-to-end implementation of ML systems, and/or Software Engineering best practices such as VCS and CI/CD
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.