TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo.
Why Join Us
At TikTok, our people are humble, intelligent, compassionate and creative. We create to inspire - for you, for us, and for more than 1 billion users on our platform. We lead with curiosity and aim for the highest, never shying away from taking calculated risks and embracing ambiguity as it comes. Here, the opportunities are limitless for those who dare to pursue bold ideas that exist just beyond the boundary of possibility. Join us and make impact happen with a career at TikTok.
As the window of TikTok’s business services, our TikTok UED Monetization team aims to enable and inspire clients to effortlessly connect with audiences and maximize brand potential.
About The Tiktok Monetization Product Data Science Team
We’re the TikTok Monetization Products data science team, who enables and champions data driven decision making. Our Vision is to become the world class data science team, where data is used rigorously to drive all decision making. Our Mission is to drive monetization and sustainable revenue growth for TikTok through data science.
- Work with large, complex data sets. Solve difficult, non-routine analysis problems, applying advanced analytical methods as needed. Conduct analysis that includes data gathering and requirements specification, processing, analysis, ongoing deliverables, and presentations.
- Build and manage high performance, responsive team of data scientists and analysts that are able to not only keep up with but also pioneer in this space.
- Build and prototype analysis pipelines for the team to provide insights at scale.
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of Tiktok data structures and metrics, advocating for changes where needed for product development.
- Develop deep partnerships with engineer and product teams to deliver on major cross-functional measurements, testing, and modeling efforts.
- Partner with Data Engineering to ensure the data accuracy and consistency.
- MS or PhD in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Statistics, etc.
- 7+ years of experience in data science, algorithmic engineering, or machine learning.
- 3+ years of experience in managing and mentoring data science, data engineering, and analytics teams in a technology company.
- Experience with statistical software (e.g. R, Python, MATLAB) and database languages (e.g. SQL).
- Experience building data science models (Regression, Decision Trees, K-Means, etc.).
- Experience with large data sets and analytical tools, e.g. Hive, Spark.
- Demonstrated leadership and self-direction. Willingness to both teach others and learn new techniques.
- Demonstrated skills in selecting the right statistical tools given a data analysis problem. Effective written and verbal communication skills.
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.
TikTok is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in our recruitment processes for candidates with disabilities, pregnancy, sincerely held religious beliefs or other reasons protected by applicable laws. If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation, please reach out to us at USRC@tiktok.com.
Compensation Description (annually) The base salary range for this position in the selected city is $136000 - $332000 annually.
Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of the Total Package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work, and this role may be eligible for additional discretionary bonuses/incentives, and restricted stock units.
At ByteDance/TikTok our benefits are designed to convey company culture and values, to create an efficient and inspiring work environment, and to support ByteDancers to give their best in both work and life. We offer the following benefits to eligible employees:
We cover 100% premium coverage for employee medical insurance, approximately 75% premium coverage for dependents and offer a Health Savings Account(HSA) with a company match. As well as Dental, Vision, Short/Long term Disability, Basic Life, Voluntary Life and AD&D insurance plans. In addition to Flexible Spending Account(FSA) Options like Health Care, Limited Purpose and Dependent Care.
Our time off and leave plans are: 10 paid holidays per year plus 17 days of Paid Personal Time Off(PPTO) (prorated upon hire and increased by tenure) and 10 paid sick days per year as well as 12 weeks of paid Parental leave and 8 weeks of paid Supplemental Disability.
We also provide generous benefits like mental and emotional health benefits through our EAP and Lyra. A 401K company match, gym and cellphone service reimbursements. The Company reserves the right to modify or change these benefits programs at any time, with or without notice.