Instagram’s mission is to connect people to the people and interests they love. Now at 2.4 billion monthly active users and growing, our app plays a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them. The Instagram Notifications team is responsible for connecting users to things they care about through timely and relevant updates, and empower other teams to do the same.
We are looking for a Data Science Manager, Instagram Notification Systems. You will tech lead and mentor a team of high performing data scientists and shape our notification strategy through empirical studies and experimentation. Our ideal candidate is resourceful, analytically rigorous, with extensive experience leading data science teams and a passion for solving product problems across the following dimensions:
- Centralized Notifications Platform: Full accountability of centralized delivery and ranking of IG notifications with a focus on optimal notification quality to drive long term engagement. Platform is responsible for push, badging, email, sms and other channels.
- Driving Incremental Value to Users: Full accountability for finding opportunities to drive incremental value to users via improvements to relevance and timeliness of notifications.
The Data Science Manager for Instagram Notification Systems will be directly responsible for managing the data science team to ensure proper goaling, experimentation, and forecasting and to develop insights that identify the biggest opportunities and gaps for Instagram Notifications. You will work in close partnership with a top-notch group of researchers and data scientists across Meta to translate user research and expert insights into data-driven product strategies. Further- this leader will be expected to serve on Instagram’s analytics leadership circle to help improve cross-Instagram Analytics team processes such as recruiting, training, and performance management.
You will work with cutting edge technology, and have the ability to see your insights turned into real products on a regular basis. The ideal candidate will have strong product intuition, experience building and managing analytics teams, will have worked with large data stores, have a background in a behavioral science discipline, and a passion for working in a mission driven culture. You are scrappy, focused on results, a self-starter, and have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive the understanding, progression, and user engagement of a product.
Data Science Manager, Instagram Notification Systems Responsibilities
- Maintain a high bar in terms of product thinking and analytical depth for your team through selective hiring and mentorship.
- Serve part of the core leadership team for Instagram Community with direct accountability for the success and health of this product organization.
- Set goals and metrics to guide and prioritize growth product roadmaps Conduct analytics studies to identify new product opportunities and shape product strategy.
- Size opportunities to ensure product teams are working on the most impactful projects.
- Execute on high priority learning initiatives and measurement strategies for Well-being, Instagram, and Facebook.
- Partner and heavily contribute to major analytical and product initiatives across the Facebook Family of Apps (Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Messenger, etc).
- Bachelors in a quantitative field (Economics, Computer Science, Physics).
- 8+ years of experience in Product Data Science, including in depth experience with experimentation.
- 5 + years experience in building high-performing data science and analytics teams, including managing managers.
- Working knowledge of predictive modeling, machine learning, and experimentation/causal inference methods.
- Proven judgment in balancing practical business needs and scientific rigor.
- Proven experience forming partnerships with and influencing cross-functional leaders in engineering, product, design, research, etc.
- Proven communication skills and experience connecting with and influencing a broad spectrum of audiences.
- Masters or Ph.D. in a quantitative field (Economics, Computer Science, Physics).
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics. Meta is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support. If you need support, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. $197,000/year to $269,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits
Individual pay is determined by skills, qualifications, experience, and location. Compensation details listed in this posting reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity or sales incentives, if applicable. In addition to base salary, Meta offers benefits. Learn more about benefits at Meta.