Data Science Manager - MarketingFull time
You will support Spotify’s Marketing organization goal of building a globally loved brand and bringing the next generation of fans to Spotify. The primary duties of this role will be to lead the Marketing Analytics team in providing analytical support for our global Brand Marketing team. This means owning measurement of marketing’s ability to drive brand health and making recommendations to improve the effectiveness of marketing investments. You will be a trusted partner to our Brand Marketers, ensure the Marketing Analytics team focuses their efforts on the most impactful initiatives, and manage the technical and professional development of 3 direct reports. You will also lead analytics engineering projects that help the rest of the MCI team get the data they need to deliver their work
What you’ll do
- Partner with Marketing leadership in strategy development, goal setting and budget planning
- Perform analyses on large sets of data to extract actionable insights that will drive decisions around our global marketing investments
- Provide end-to-end campaign support, from goal setting and measurement plan development, to in-campaign performance insights and optimization recommendations, and post-campaign evaluation and recommendations
- Define experimentation roadmap to identify new growth opportunities for our marketing investments
- Communicate data-driven insights and recommendations to non-technical audiences, through clear visualizations and presentations
- Lead a small team of Data Scientists and Analytics Engineers in MCI’s pursuit of becoming a world leading insights team for our marketing partners
- Partner with the other MCI leads and their teams on projects supporting Spotify’s broader marketing organization
- Lead cross-functional groups of insights professionals (think market researchers, analysts, product insights) to triangulate information across various sources
Who you are
- Intellectually curious, open-minded, and enjoy working in a fast changing environment
- A natural communicator, who focuses just as much on the delivery and the “so what” of your insights, as you do on the technical craft of extracting them
- Effective at building strong, influential relationships with colleagues and partners, with demonstrated success in delivering impactful insights to executives
- 10+ years of experience in an analytics and/or data science role, with 2+ years as a direct people manager
- Strong analytical skills, including analysis and modeling of big data using SQL, Python and/or R, statistics, A/B testing, and experimental design required
- Experience building data visualizations and dashboards (e.g., Tableau or similar BI solution)
- Comfortable working on a globally distributed team
Where you’ll be
This role is located in the New York Tri-state area or east coast of the United States
Our global benefits
- Extensive learning opportunities, through our dedicated team, GreenHouse.
- Flexible share incentives letting you choose how you share in our success.
- Global parental leave, six months off - fully paid - for all new parents.
- All The Feels, our employee assistance program and self-care hub.
- Flexible public holidays, swap days off according to your values and beliefs.
Learn about life at Spotify
The United States base range for this position is $134,326 - $191,765 plus equity (plus bonus or commission. The benefits available for this position include health insurance, six month paid parental leave, 401(k) retirement plan, 23 paid days off, 13 paid flexible holidays, paid sick leave.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.