We’re Kingfisher, A team made up of over 82,000 passionate people who bring Kingfisher - and all our other brands: B&Q, Screwfix, Brico Depot, Castorama and Koctas - to life. That’s right, we’re big, but we have ambitions to become even bigger and even better. We want to become the leading home improvement company and grow the largest community of home improvers in the world. And that’s where you come in.
At Kingfisher our customers come from all walks of life, and so do we. We want to ensure that all colleagues, future colleagues, and applicants to Kingfisher are treated equally regardless of age, gender, marital or civil partnership status, colour, ethnic or national origin, culture, religious belief, philosophical belief, political opinion, disability, gender identity, gender expression or sexual orientation.
We are open to flexible and agile working, both of hours and location. Therefore, we offer colleagues a blend of working from home and our offices, located in London, Southampton & Yeovil. Talk to us about how we can best support you!
We are looking for a Data Science Manager to Lead the productionisation process and maintaining ML/AI services developed in Group Data Science team.
Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
- Lead the management of data science projects – trailblazing the development of data science projects across the Kingfisher Group.
- Lead multiple teams across a board range of business domains to deliver end to end data science solutions for the business.
- Develop and manage highly proficient Data Science and MLOps team leads who in turn manage domain specific projects.
- Curate diverse teams in translating between business and data in the design of project work, and in the synthesis and communication of recommendations and results.
- Enable and courage cross team collaboration and knowledge sharing to optimise team efficiency across data science.
- Collaborate with tech, product and data teams to develop the data platforms that allow us to apply data science and embed the use of data science directly in our products and processes.
- Be a champion and role model for the application of data science across the Kingfisher group.
- Support the data leadership team in developing a “data culture” and demonstrating the value of data in our decision making.
- Lead our efforts to develop the data science (and broader customer analytics) “brand” at Kingfisher for both internal and external audiences.
What you’ll bring
- Strong management and leadership skills - including ability to build, organise, motivate, mentor and manage a data science team that supports a diverse range of initiatives.
- Sensitivity and excellent influencing skills - ability to work with stakeholders across a variety of functions and levels of seniority and to decipher hidden user needs.
- Solid understanding of computer science fundamentals, including data structures, algorithms, data modelling and software architecture
- Good understanding of classical Machine Learning algorithms (e.g. Logistic Regression, Random Forest, XGBoost, etc.) and modern Deep Learning algorithms (e.g. BERT, LSTM, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of SQL and Python’s ecosystem for data analysis (Jupyter, Pandas, Scikit Learn, Matplotlib).
- Strong understanding of machine learning development workflow
- Proven experience of delivering several high-quality AI-based products and experience of productionisation of Machine Learning based products
- Proven experience of developing cloud-based machine learning services using one or more cloud providers (preferably GCP).
- Strong software development skills (Python is the preferred language)
- Proficient in building CI/CD pipelines using different tools e.g. Gitlab, Jenkins, Cloud Build
At Kingfisher, we value the perspectives that any new team members bring, and we want to hear from you. We encourage you to apply for one of our roles even if you do not feel you meet 100% of the requirements.
In return, we offer an inclusive environment, where what you can achieve is limited only by your imagination! We encourage new ideas, actively support experimentation, and strive to build an environment where everyone can be their best self.
We also offer a competitive benefits package and plenty of opportunities to stretch and grow your career.
Interested? Great, apply now and help us to Power the Possible.