Locations: Bellevue, WA | Menlo Park, CA | Seattle, WA
As a Data Science Manager at Meta, you will help shape the future of the experiences we build for billions of people and hundreds of millions of businesses, creators, and partners around the world. You will apply your people leadership, project management, analytical, and technical skills, creativity, and product intuition to one of the largest data sets in the world. You will collaborate on a wide array of product and business problems with a diverse set of cross-functional partners across Product, Engineering, Research, Data Engineering, Design and others. You will influence infra strategy and investment decisions with data, be focused on impact, and lead and grow a high-performing team. By joining Meta, you will become part of a world-class analytics community dedicated to skill development and career growth in analytics and beyond.
About the role:
Product leadership: You will use data to understand the product and infra ecosystem, quantify new opportunities to scale infra and make it efficient, identify upcoming challenges, and shape infra development to bring value to people, businesses, and Meta. You will help develop strategy and support leadership in prioritizing what to build and setting goals for execution.
Analytics: You will guide product teams using data and insights. You will focus on developing hypotheses and employ a diverse toolkit of rigorous analytical approaches, different methodologies, frameworks, and technical approaches to test them.
Communication and influence: You won’t simply present data, but tell data-driven stories. You will convince and influence leaders using clear insights and recommendations. You will build credibility through structure and clarity, and be a trusted strategic partner.
People leadership: You will inspire, lead and grow a world-class team of data scientists and data science leaders.
Data Science Manager, Infra Privacy Responsibilities
- Drive analytics projects end-to-end in partnership with teams from Engineering, Product Management and across the Analytics community to inform, influence, support, and execute product strategy and investment decisions.
- Inspire, lead, and grow a team of data scientists and manager(s) to fulfill our longer term vision.
- Actively influences the design of the strategy and shaping of the roadmap within this scope. Generate and use team insights to set and prioritize longer term goals.
- Develop understanding of complex distributed systems and sub-components, as well as broader industry challenges, to identify present and future risks and opportunities.
- Work with large and complex data sets to solve a wide array of challenging problems using different analytical and statistical approaches.
- Grow analytics expertise around you, upskilling your team, engineers, and others, to increase overall team impact.
- Experience communicating both in low-level technical details as well as high-level strategies
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience (3+ years with a Ph.D.) in applied quantitative field, including a minimum of 2 years of experience managing analytics teams
- BS degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., statistics, operations research, econometrics, computer science, engineering), or BS/MS in a quantitative discipline with equivalent working experience
- 4+ years of experience in team leadership/people management through layers
- Experience in cross-functional partnership among teams of Software Engineering, Design, PM, Data Engineering
- Track-record driving product roadmap and execution
- Master’s or Ph.D. degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, or another quantitative field.
- Proven track record of leading high-performing analytics teams.
- 7+ years of experience doing quantitative analysis or statistical modeling in the experimentation space
- Experience in infra optimization specifically boosting efficiency, usability and performing cost-analysis is a plus.
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics. Meta is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support. If you need support, please reach out to email@example.com.
$197,000/year to $269,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits
Individual pay is determined by skills, qualifications, experience, and location. Compensation details listed in this posting reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity or sales incentives, if applicable. In addition to base salary, Meta offers benefits. Learn more about benefits at Meta.