Data Science Manager II - MembershipFull time
About the Role
Applied Scientists and Data Scientists at Uber use data to improve and automate all aspects of Uber’s core rideshare and delivery products. You will be joining the Membership team which is responsible for helping Uber become an everyday use case for our millions of members.
We are looking for an experienced Data Science leader with a passion for solving new and difficult problems with data. In this role, you will be able to utilize your strong quantitative skills to improve the Uber delivery experience as well as the overall marketplace performance.
What You’ll Do
- Lead teams that build statistical, optimization, and machine learning models for a range of applications.
- Design and execute product experiments and interpret the results to draw detailed and actionable conclusions.
- Use data to understand product performance and to identify opportunities.
- Present findings to senior management to advise business decisions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across disciplines such as product, engineering, operations, and marketing to drive system development end-to-end from ideation to productionization.
- M.S. or Bachelors degree in Math, Economics, Bioinformatics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or other quantitative fields.
- Minimum 2 years of management experience
- Basic understanding of experimental design (such as A/B experiments) and statistical methods
- Advanced SQL expertise
- Ability to use Python to work efficiently at scale with large data sets.
- Experience building intuitive and impactful dashboards and data visualizations that drive business decisions (eg with Tableau, Mixpanel, Looker, or similar)
- Ability and experience in extracting insights from data, and summarizing learnings / takeaways
- Over 6 years of industry experience.
- Experience in algorithm development and prototyping.
- Experience in pricing or matching optimization.
- Experience with productionizing algorithms for real-time systems.
- Well-honed communication and presentation skills.
For San Francisco, CA-based roles: The base salary range for this role is $195,000 per year - $217,000 per year.
You will be eligible to participate in Uber’s bonus program, and may be offered an equity award & other types of comp. You will also be eligible for various benefits. More details can be found at the following link https://www.uber.com/careers/benefits.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.