If you’re here, it’s because you’re looking for an exciting ride. A ride that will fuel your ambitions and make a difference in people’s lives. At Glovo, we believe in paving the way forward together!
Not your usual app. We are the fastest-growing multi-category delivery player in Europe, Africa, and Western Asia, where we operate in +3000 cities across 25 countries. Every year, +200k merchants generate over 4B€ in sales and over 20M customers get their goods delivered in minutes.
Together we revolutionize the way people connect with their everyday needs, from delivering essentials to connecting our ecosystem of users through innovative solutions powered by technology. For us, every day is filled with purpose.
What makes our ride unique?
🤝 Our culture and strong values.
- We have an ‘’office-first’’ culture and we place collaboration at the center of everything we do!
- We have a non-vanilla personality and feedback mindset. We don’t shy away from difficult conversations - we see them as a gift!
- We work with high intensity and have fun along the way. We also celebrate the wins (a lot!).
- We celebrate diversity in all its forms and foster an inclusive culture where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work.
💪Our career development philosophy.
- We are building a talent house of high performing teams and leaders. We invest in people who raise the bar and help others reach their full potential.
- We take ownership of our career development. We don’t believe in linear and predictable career paths - we create the job of our dreams!
- We embrace opportunities to move the needle and make an impact beyond our scope.
🤝Our commitment to being a force for good.
- Our platform is an important economic tool for millions of people (customers, partners, couriers) and we are taking action to amplify our positive impact.
- We invest in doing good by dedicating time and resources into social and environmental initiatives.
- We have the ambition of being DIB role models across the tech industry. We are creating environments, systems, and processes that provide equal opportunities, break biases, and empower our communities.
We have a vision: To give everyone easy access to anything in their cities. And this is where your ride starts.
As a Data Science Manager you will be responsible for envisioning, leading and building an all-star team of Data Scientists working closely with key business and product leaders, analysts and engineers. You will leverage our big data platform and use state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms and statistical models to deliver robust and highly scalable algorithmic products and solutions that have a direct impact on our global user base and our business
- Recruit, lead and manage an all-star team of Data Scientists of different seniority levels.
- Collaborate with business, product and engineering stakeholders to prioritise the most impactful work and ensure data science needs are accounted for.
- Manage the entire lifecycle of your team’s projects; from exploratory analysis to evaluation, deployment and iteration.
- Create the channels and tools for communicating results and monitor key metrics.
- Lead by example and motivate your team while bringing in new ideas on how to improve their ways of working.
- Ship fast and often measuring the impact using a robust experimentation framework.
- Coach and mentor your team to advance their careers and improve their professional skills.
- Act as data science evangelist, proactively looking for new opportunities to impact the business using data science tools and promoting its adoption
- Act as data translator, being able to connect business problems with technical solutions and to architect them to be implemented by your team
- Actively collaborate with your colleagues and learn from each other in a supportive environment that allows you to grow, develop and make a difference
What you will bring to the ride
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role, managing a data science team (5+ people) or multiple data science projects. Preferably in the digital/tech space.
- 2+ years of strong hand-on experience as an individual contributor in industry or academia.
- At least an MSc, and preferably a PhD in a scientific discipline such as Physics, Statistics, Computer Science or Mathematics.
- Deep theoretical and applied knowledge in one or more of the following areas: supervised and unsupervised learning, deep learning, reinforcement learning, game theory, statistical inference, bayesian statistics, causal inference, time series analysis, decision theory, mathematical optimisation
- Demonstrable experience at productizing models; from inception to deployment.
- Knowledge and experience working with modern machine learning platforms & deployment technologies/vendors. (MLFlow, SageMaker, etc.)
- Full proficiency on Python and SQL; can write, inspect and review code.
- Good understanding of modern application and data stacks (Microservices, Event Streaming, Data Lakes, Container-orchestration)
- Experience with big data (e.g. Scala and Spark) and cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Databricks).
- Experience in start-up and/or R&D environments.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills (English).
We are always looking for the best candidates, so if you think you would be a good fit even if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements we would love to hear from you!
We believe driven talent deserves:
- 🌟 An enticing equity plan that lets you own a piece of the action.
- 💪 Top-notch private health insurance to keep you at your peak.
- 🍔 Monthly Glovo credit to satisfy your cravings with zero delivery fees on all Glovo orders!
- 💳 Cobee discounts on transportation, food, and even kindergarten expenses.
- 🏊 Discounted gym memberships to keep you energized.
- 🏖️Flexible time off (uncapped vacation days) , the freedom to work from home two days a week, and the opportunity to work from anywhere for up to three weeks a year!
- 👪 Enhanced parental leave, and office-based nursery.
- 🧠 Online therapy and wellbeing benefits to ensure your mental well-being.
- 📚 An external learning budget to fuel your thirst for knowledge and personal growth.
Here in Glovo, we thrive on diversity, we believe it enhances our teams, products, and culture. We know that the best ideas come from a mashup of brilliant diverse minds. This is why we are committed to providing equal opportunities to talent from all backgrounds - all genders, racial/diverse backgrounds, abilities, ages, sexual orientations and all other unique characteristics that make you YOU. We will encourage you to bring your authentic self to work, fostering an inclusive environment where everyone feels heard.
If you believe you match these values, we look forward to meeting you!